Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-20-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
ould
Zealot
ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
ImportError: No module named profiles

Getting this when trying to update to latest version on Linux. ImportError: No module named profiles. I looked through the the python site for modules like profile or profiles but nothing jumped out at me. I think I have all the requirements as per the calibre website. Any ideas?

Thanks!
ould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:24 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What process are you using to update?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2009, 04:57 PM   #3
ould
Zealot
ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

building from source
Old 02-20-2009, 05:02 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

post the full error message
Old 02-20-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
post the full error message
This is related to the cssutils update and the Stylizer changes, I'm pretty sure. Some of the functionality I was using moved to cssutils.profiles, which the oeb.stylizer now imports.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

the calibre src tarball bundles cssutils, so unless python is picking up the system cssutils in preference to the bundled version (which it really shouldn't do) there shouldn't be a problem.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:20 PM   #7
ould
Zealot

Here's the full error report:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/calibre/linux.py", line 194, in setup_completion
    f = open_file('/etc/bash_completion.d/calibre')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/calibre/ebooks/mobi/from_feeds.py", line 12, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/calibre/ebooks/mobi/writer.py", line 29, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/calibre/ebooks/oeb/transforms/flatcss.py", line 21, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/calibre/ebooks/oeb/stylizer.py", line 20, in <module>
ImportError: No module named profiles
  File "/home/kevin/builds/calibre/pkg/usr/bin/calibre_postinstall", line 8, in <module>
    load_entry_point('calibre==0.4.138', 'console_scripts', 'calibre_postinstall')()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/calibre/linux.py", line 466, in post_install

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/calibre/linux.py", line 337, in setup_completion
    '''
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'manifest' referenced before assignment
  File "setup.py", line 183, in <module>
    subprocess.check_call('calibre_postinstall --use-destdir', shell=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 462, in check_call
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command 'calibre_postinstall --use-destdir' returned non-zero exit status 1
Old 02-20-2009, 05:50 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

yeah it's picking up an out of date cssutils.

easy_install -U cssutils

should do the trick
Old 02-20-2009, 06:56 PM   #9
ould
Zealot

that did the trick. Thanks Kovid!!
Old 02-25-2009, 10:03 PM   #10
WayneD
Enthusiast
WayneD began at the beginning.

Device: Android phone + PRS-505
I'm trying to get your gentoo vmware appliance to build calibre, and after updating the bzr source and several ebuilds, I'm also seeing this error about "No module named profiles". However, the cause must be different because there was no cssutils package installed. I tried installing the (masked) cssutils ebuild, and that didn't change anything, so I'm rather stumped.

The only reason I'm trying to use the vmware appliance is because calibre started to crash on startup last week, and I'm trying to figure out if it's something weird in my ubuntu environment that changed, or if there's a bug in calibre. So far, no luck getting gento to cooperate, nor getting calibre to start with my full DB of books (it will start if I used a new DB, or if I trim the DB down to something like 50 books).

So, I guess I'll open a bug report about the crashing next. If you update the gentoo vmware appliance and get calibre working, let me know and I'll try my library out on that as well.
WayneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:13 PM   #11
WayneD
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneD View Post
However, the cause must be different because there was no cssutils package installed.
Actually, I was wrong about that. There was no old cssutils ebuild installed, but there was an old cssutils directory in site-packages. I removed that, and now things are working much better. (Why is it that I figure out the problem right after I post?)

Interestingly, calibre didn't crash when I started it in vmware, though it did generate 2 ascii warnings, such as this one:

'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 21: ordinal not in range(128)

I'll do some more research.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #12
WayneD
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneD View Post
I'll do some more research.
I forgot to follow up on what I figured out. Here's the deal:

1. I managed to fix the crashing by enabling the backports repository in my Ubunutu 8.10 install and installing the latest versions of the Qt/PyQt/sip programs. It would appear that a security update that Ubuntu did in the regular repository was the cause of the calibre UI crashing when it tried to display my bookshelf. (That's a guess -- I do know from the core backtrace that it was crashing in Qt code, but whether it was memory corruption or a code issue that caused the null-pointer dereference that crashed calibre, I don't know -- I'm just glad it's not doing that anymore.)

2. The ascii warnings were due to some books having a unicode right-single-quote in their titles, and thus also in each book's pathname. In my gentoo install the default locale was ascii, but the calibre library was created on an Ubuntu system that used a UTF-8, and the python code complains when trying to create a pathname out of the UTF-8 DB data. I had to setup a UTF-8 locale on gentoo to avoid the errors (and be able to access the books).