Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 09-22-2010, 05:06 PM   #91
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmankit View Post
Still patiently(?) waiting for some help on this...

If there's no solution to my problem, does anyone know of any software that does something similar? I'm guessing the answer is 'no', in which case getting it to work is even more important!
Try BRISS. In fact, I pesonally like it better, since it doesn't rasterize everything, and is platform neutral. It isn't specifically tailored for multiple columns, but since you can hand-define as many crop regions as you want, it does the same thing.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:53 AM   #92
oldmankit
oldmankit began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
Try BRISS. In fact, I pesonally like it better, since it doesn't rasterize everything, and is platform neutral. It isn't specifically tailored for multiple columns, but since you can hand-define as many crop regions as you want, it does the same thing.
Hi,

That's great. At first I thought the tool wasn't working, when I saw all the similar pages blurred together. Then I realised it was saving me a heck of a lot of time.

I couldn't ask for anything more than this tool. Thanks for the pointer!

Kit
oldmankit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2010, 06:00 AM   #93
vjdew
vjdew began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 6"
Hi Taesoo Kwon,
I downloaded the tools and ran this on one of the technical paper with 2 columns.
While running a process all pages, I chose ( portrait) vertical scroll (outputs a single image if not too big).
But it was taking the crop numbers not in sequence. For the first page it was fine. But from second page it took the left column to be the first crop and col1 as the 2 crop. Can u please help me resolving this .

Thanks
VJ
vjdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #94
civiliza
civiliza , Klaatu Barada Niktu!civiliza , Klaatu Barada Niktu!civiliza , Klaatu Barada Niktu!civiliza , Klaatu Barada Niktu!civiliza , Klaatu Barada Niktu!civiliza , Klaatu Barada Niktu!civiliza , Klaatu Barada Niktu!civiliza , Klaatu Barada Niktu!civiliza , Klaatu Barada Niktu!civiliza , Klaatu Barada Niktu!civiliza , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: K3, PW2
To the writer(s) of PaperCrop

Having just tried PaperCrop 0.43, I found I was getting the same error (lua error config.lua:104: attempt to compare nil with number) as per Issue 6 on your web page.

Unlike the raiser(s) I encountered the problem with Windows XP.

You might be interested to know that the problem only occured when the "Process current page" button was pressed, it did not happen when the "Process all pages" button was used.

--

This in turn raises a different issue - when a pdf contains different page orientations / margins (in my case a landscape cover page followed by portrait contents) is there any way to process a range of pages with one set of parameters then another range with other parameters.

Even if single page processing was working, I could not face processing 159 pages one at a time.
civiliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #95
Taesoo Kwon
Enthusiast
Taesoo Kwon doesn't litterTaesoo Kwon doesn't litter

Device: Kobo wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by civiliza View Post
Having just tried PaperCrop 0.43, I found I was getting the same error (lua error config.lua:104: attempt to compare nil with number) as per Issue 6 on your web page.

Unlike the raiser(s) I encountered the problem with Windows XP.

You might be interested to know that the problem only occured when the "Process current page" button was pressed, it did not happen when the "Process all pages" button was used.

--

This in turn raises a different issue - when a pdf contains different page orientations / margins (in my case a landscape cover page followed by portrait contents) is there any way to process a range of pages with one set of parameters then another range with other parameters.

Even if single page processing was working, I could not face processing 159 pages one at a time.
I will add this functionality in the next version.
By the way, it is difficult for me to answer questions here.
Please use the issue tracker on the google papercrop project page.
Thank you.

Taesoo.
Taesoo Kwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2011, 02:47 AM   #96
mahatmanto
mahatmanto began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3G Wifi, iphone 3Gs
good idea,
but does it work in apple too?
mahatmanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:18 AM   #97
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Still patiently(?) waiting for some help on this...

If there's no solution to my problem, does anyone know of any software that does something similar? I'm guessing the answer is 'no', in which case getting it to work is even more important!
Try Willus.com's K2pdfopt
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:28 AM   #98
Taesoo Kwon
Enthusiast
Taesoo Kwon doesn't litterTaesoo Kwon doesn't litter

Device: Kobo wifi
Hello, I am the programmer of papercrop. This thread is too old and I no longer regulary visit this thread. If you have any problems or questions about papercrop, please use the issue tracker in the code.google.com/p/papercrop page instead. Thank you.

Taesoo.
Taesoo Kwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:00 AM   #99
jakoh
jakoh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
No ouput

Quote:
I had the same problem, and it went away by following this advice.

However, the output directory is empty. I can't find any output pdfs or jpgs anywhere? A folder is created with the same name as the original pdf, but after having pressed 'process', it remains empty.

Interestingly I'm trying this under windows and linux (with wine), and had the exact same original problem (lua error), fixed it, but have the remaining no output problem!
Ya i have the same problem of no output. except when i press process current page.
jakoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:16 AM   #100
user743
Addict
user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle PW2 special offers removed by Amazon for FREE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
I'm sorry for the double post, but you convert pdf to jpg 800x600 pix.
The screen itself has a small bar on the bottom.
Isn't it better to convert to something like 790x600 pix?
just a question.
calibre already has all the ereader screen dimensions. just chose your ereader and it'll tell you.

(maybe I'll make a list and post it for convenience.)
user743 is offline   Reply With Quote