Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-08-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
Rys Rising: Book I - New epic fantasy by Tracy Falbe

With a mix of pleasure, pride, and apprehension, I have finally published a new fantasy novel. Rys Rising: Book I kicks off a new series that I have been developing since 2004. Releasing a new novel into the wild after nurturing it with plenty of hand feeding for many years causes me great excitement and worry. Rys Rising: Book I will no longer live in sheltered captivity. I've opened the cage and shooed out my tender baby. It's mature now and needs to go out into the world. Some will appreciate my new novel. Some will malign it. And I will always love it.

Enough about my feelings. What's Rys Rising: Book I about?

An outlaw rises to become a dreaded warlord, the terror of kings. He takes the name Amar and seeks to join the Kez, the fiercest mercenary society in the tribal kingdoms of Gyhwen. His fearless ambition is inspired by Onja, a mysterious rys female whose magic has shaped Amar into a loyal friend. He zealously pursues her every command and hopes to join her in her mythic homeland of Jingten. But he knows little about the challenges confronting Onja. She and all rys are the reviled creations of the tabre of Nufal, and Onja longs to expel her hated masters. To liberate the rys, she knows that she will need more than Amar's help. Onja sees her best hope for an ally in Dacian, a prodigy among rys, but he is loyal to the ruling tabre order and dreams of winning equality for the rys nonviolently. He holds tenaciously to his ideals even as the tabre brutally subjugate him. Will he endure more dark abuses for the sake of peace or reach out to Onja? And what fate is Amar blindly embracing as he kills for her? Like a tree crashing in a storm, all civilizations will crack when hit by the force of the rys rising.

Right now my new novel is available in these ebook formats: Epub, Kindle-compatible PRC, and Adobe PDF.

You may select and download your preferred format for free here: http://www.falbepublishing.com/brave...ys-rising.html

The rest of the novels in the Rys Rising series will be forthcoming over the next year. The series will be in four parts. The second and third novels are already written, and I'm deep in the woods of writing the final novel. This means that readers who enjoy Rys Rising: Book I will be able to get future installments in a timely manner.
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Thanks. Your prior fantasy books were excellent so I expect to enjoy this series, too.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #3
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sounds intriguing. I'm game.

I see you have Book 1 of a previous series for free, as well. Assuming I enjoy the first, I'll be more than happy to purchase the rest.

Thanks for the offer.

P.S. I note from your blog that you're a fan of Bollywood movies. Now I'm worried...
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:52 PM   #4
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@afa

Yes, I have the Book I of 2 different series for free.

As for being a Bollywood fan, I can only say that the only 2 Indian films I've seen are Slumdog Millionaire and Jodhaa Akbar. I wrote the review of Jodhaa Akbar at my blog because I was exceedingly impressed with it. I am certainly delving deeper into Indian film now because of it. Last I knew, Bollywood was the most prolific film industry on the planet, so I'm sure there is much that is excellent and much this is abominable. As for now, I can say that I appreciate Indian film what I've seen of it so far.

I hope your worries do not keep you from sampling my fiction.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:59 PM   #5
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
You write big books.

I've downloaded your freebie from the last series. Just need to work out where I can fit it in my TBR list given how big it is.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:13 PM   #6
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave

Oh how I know I write big books! That's why it takes me so long. I once saw online where someone had done word counts for popular fantasy novels by Tolkien, Martin, Goodkind, and Jordan, and those novels are roughly the same length as mine and some are longer. So I feel that I'm not weird in my story length. If you only knew the days and weeks that I spend cutting, cutting, cutting words.

Thank you for your interest.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:17 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Just now downloaded the epub.

Thanks!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:52 AM   #8
Little_bear
Groupie
Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch (gifted to a friend), Sony PRS-T2, iPad mini
I've downloaded both of them. I love fantasy books.
Little_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:49 AM   #9
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falbe Publishing View Post
As for being a Bollywood fan, I can only say that the only 2 Indian films I've seen are Slumdog Millionaire and Jodhaa Akbar. [...]I hope your worries do not keep you from sampling my fiction.
Not at all. As long as the protagonist isn't called Shah Rukh Khan, I'm fine.

Technically, however, Slumdog Millionaire wasn't an Indian film. Or rather, it wasn't a 'Bollywood' film. I believe it was British (not to mention overrated...).

By the way, which of the Rys series would you say I should read first? Chronologically, the Rys Chronicles were written first...
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #10
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave

Which series to read first?

@afa

Which series to read first?

I designed the new series to be satisfying to those who have already read The Rys Chronicles. However, because Rys Rising is a prequel there are ultimately some big overarching things that you will know about if you have already read The Rys Chronicles.

So, the best way since you're starting out is to start with the prequels (the Rys Rising series). But it'll be a year before all those books are published, so there will be a little waiting involved.

The Rys Chronicles is complete are ready to consume and reading it will not spoil reading the Rys Rising series.

Basically you can choose between chronilogical with the story or in the order I wrote them and see my development as a writer and the development of the fantasy world.

I address this question at my website:
http://www.falbepublishing.com/brave...els-first.html
Old 10-03-2011, 11:46 PM   #11
rdjack21
Groupie
rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elocity A7, Nook STR, Galaxy Nexus
Grabbed Rys Rising: Book I and all I can say is WOW I Love it! Now for the inevitable question when is the next one coming out? I'm tempted to read The Rys Chronicles but I think I want to finish the prequels first, but I bet I break down and read them anyways.
rdjack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:21 AM   #12
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When will the next volume(s) in the series be available?
Old 10-04-2011, 07:58 AM   #13
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks, downloaded your two free books. Will buy the others if I like.

I also very much like that you're selling books directly.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #14
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave

Savage Storm: Rys Rising Book II coming this month...

Hello,

Thank you for sampling and reading.

Savage Storm: Rys Rising Book II is on track to be available as an ebook by the end of October 2011. The manuscript is in the final stages of editing and proofreading and the artwork is supposed to be done this month too.

As soon as I am satisfied with its presentation, it will become immediately available at my website. This one won't be free. I can't give it all away nor can I be replaced by a robot that does not need food or shelter. Then in the following days and weeks after release it will head into mainstream ebook retailers.

I will of course announce publication at MR, but readers can also get on my readers' list using the form on the right side of any page at my website.

http://www.falbepublishing.com/brave...g-book-ii.html

Or, if you like, follow me on Twitter. http://twitter.com/#!/tracyfalbe
Old 10-07-2011, 09:54 AM   #15
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falbe Publishing View Post
Savage Storm: Rys Rising Book II is on track to be available as an ebook by the end of October 2011. The manuscript is in the final stages of editing and proofreading and the artwork is supposed to be done this month too.

As soon as I am satisfied with its presentation, it will become immediately available at my website. This one won't be free. I can't give it all away nor can I be replaced by a robot that does not need food or shelter. Then in the following days and weeks after release it will head into mainstream ebook retailers.
I have no problem buying the subsequent books as they become available. I did that with your other series -- first book was free and I purchased the subsequent books. A good book is always worth paying for. I look forward to your MR announcement of availability.

Tags
audiobook, fantasy ebook, free ebook, podcast