Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-07-2010, 01:33 PM   #1
trout
Enthusiast
trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS 600
Thumbs down Protected page

Suddenly encountered problems in library books in that when downloaded they will not open, am able to download from this site and all is OK
Others come up with protected page ,am using Calibre as Sony reader kills my computer
also they will not open in Calibre view it states the book is DRMd

Last edited by trout; 07-07-2010 at 01:40 PM.
trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #2
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by trout View Post
Suddenly encountered problems in library books in that when downloaded they will not open, am able to download from this site and all is OK
Others come up with protected page ,am using Calibre as Sony reader kills my computer
also they will not open in Calibre view it states the book is DRMd
I had this problem before. Turning my device off (not standby - turning it off) has fixed it in the past. I know it's not much...
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2010, 03:57 PM   #3
trout
Enthusiast
trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
I had this problem before. Turning my device off (not standby - turning it off) has fixed it in the past. I know it's not much...
Thanks but did not work, what I cannot understand why it will not view in calibre it says cannot open due to DRM and it is a library book
Old 07-07-2010, 06:32 PM   #4
Clancy_s
Zealot
Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Many library books are drmed, it's a special variant of ADE and you need to use ADE to manage them.

Not available yet in my locale so I've no personal experience but many people reported problems when they have a mix of library pdf and epub, they could only read them if they loaded one type at time on their ereader...
Clancy_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:34 PM   #5
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Just FYI, but Calibre will not open a DRM'd book (that I am aware of). You can pass books through Calibre to get them to your device, but you can't open them with the Calibre viewer.

For library books, you'll want/need Adobe Digital Editions (and to get your ereader authorized through it). Once you've loaded (and signed up for an account/authorization) ADE, you can then use it to view the library book on your PC or to authorize your device so you transfer/see/read the book on it.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2010, 04:13 AM   #6
trout
Enthusiast

I can open the books in ADE but they transfer to reader and come up with protected page
Old 07-08-2010, 08:24 AM   #7
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
There has been a lot of discussion relating to problems having both .PDF and .EPUB library ebooks on your reader at the same time. An example with a workaround is located here.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 07-08-2010 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Spelling
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote