Failed - Vista 0 0%
Failed - Windows 7 2 2.78%
Failed - Vista 64 bit 5 6.94%
Failed - Windows 7 64 bit 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Did your Upgrade work ? Windows Versions

I'm curious to see if others are seeing the same problems as I am in 64 Bit Vista.

I'd like to collect success / failure stats for Windows and the Kobo Upgrade,
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:32 PM   #2
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kobo
Mine was done in 10 minutes without problems. I have Windows 7
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2010, 08:34 PM   #3
jimr
jimr began at the beginning.

Device: Original Kobo
Windows Vista 32 bit went off without a hitch!
jimr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:37 PM   #4
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Great idea for a poll.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #5
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
I am recording my experience as a fail for windows XP. It did in fact update the reader (the Firmware is listed as 1.4 and the 1.4 features are there), but it seems to have nuked the main partition in internal storage, it no longer connects as a USB mass storage device, and it locks up at shut down. I really like the reader itself; it feels very nice in my hand and I like the extensive use it makes of book covers. I also think the bluetooth option is neat. I just want it to work properly.

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #6
StealthyScribe
Feverish
StealthyScribe began at the beginning.

Device: Black Kobo
Failed...Vista 64 bit. I've contacted Kobo 4 times today about it, no one that I spoke with had any answers. The last guy finally took my contact info and said someone would get back to me next week. The interesting thing is, the same issue happens for those with XP (installing the driver), and it still works, but for me, after the driver is installed it fails. Very frustrating.
StealthyScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:16 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthyScribe View Post
Failed...Vista 64 bit. I've contacted Kobo 4 times today about it, no one that I spoke with had any answers. The last guy finally took my contact info and said someone would get back to me next week. The interesting thing is, the same issue happens for those with XP (installing the driver), and it still works, but for me, after the driver is installed it fails. Very frustrating.
I had some contact with them last night and am waiting for a call back.

I sense the issue is related to the installation of LIBUSB0.SYS / DLL and seems to be an issue with the security certificates.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:08 PM   #8
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I am running Windows 7 64 bit on a newish computer (Oct 2009) which was purchased just before the OS was released; so this is really an "upgrade" to Vista 64. Plus, I upgraded from regular to Pro 64 via download direct from Microsoft a few days later.

The browser I use is Google Chrome, currently version 5.0.xxx.

The only issue I experienced during the upgrade was pausing for a bit to locate a paper clip in the house ... ! I had not realised, even with the warning screen starting the upgrade, that his was mandatory ... I thought it was an "in case of emergency ..." piece of advice.

Kudos, again, on such CLEAR hand-holding instructions for the upgrade. Hopefully the install for spanking brand new users has been similarly improved.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:33 PM   #9
Vardd
Vardd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I am running Vista x86, worked perfectly. followed instruction, 10 min later i was done and i was back reading. Good job on the instruction for the upgrade.
Vardd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:34 PM   #10
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Vox
We have a solution for Vista 64 users. Stay tuned.
JCKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:35 PM   #11
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Peter, your diagnostic report you sent us was invaluable and was a big help towards getting a fix ready.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:53 AM   #12
m0_joe
m0_joe began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
tried 2 kobos on 64 bit both didn't work. Help desk ticket has been placed with Kobo. I am have a laptop with 32 bit vista. I am going to try the update with that one. Unfortunately I had to send one of my Kobo's back to the company (it was defective...again)
m0_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:03 AM   #13
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0_joe View Post
tried 2 kobos on 64 bit both didn't work. Help desk ticket has been placed with Kobo. I am have a laptop with 32 bit vista. I am going to try the update with that one. Unfortunately I had to send one of my Kobo's back to the company (it was defective...again)
Did you try the instructions I posted regarding Vista 64? There's a few quirks that we missed but fixed yesterday.

More details here:

http://kobo.zendesk.com/entries/2075...ice-to-upgrade
Old 07-03-2010, 11:49 AM   #14
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

I'd love to change my vote now lol

All going well for me. Still need to do the Wife's PC and Kobo later on (another 64 bit Vista).
Old 07-03-2010, 05:04 PM   #15
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

I can now report that the wife's 64 bit Vista worked perfectly, and there were no issues at all; devcie driver installed by itself.