Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 11-24-2009, 04:10 AM   #1
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Karma?

Does anyone know how this Karma thing works? Couldn't find any info on it.

I mean can I just keep on giving it away? It doesn't look like anything happens when I do so I just keep dishing it out.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:20 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
There is a whole sticky thread on Karma. <<--- link

I think the most important thing I first learned was where to find out who was giving me the Karma (so I could post a thank you to their profile page).

The above thread has a very nice pic showing where to look.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2009, 04:39 AM   #3
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you Dreams!

Sorry I missed the link! I am possibly the most unobservant person you will ever come across. We once had a near car accident where we (almost) ploughed into a wall on a tight bend. Everyone else was screaming/shouting but I didn't guess what all the fuss was about even though I was staring straight ahead.

I must point out I was not the driver and I choose not to drive (even though I hold a valid license) because I'm aware that I don't pay enough attention!

Thanks anyway
Old 11-24-2009, 03:19 PM   #4
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
It's all that driving on the wrong side of teh road that does it.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:03 PM   #5
poshm
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
It's all that driving on the wrong side of teh road that does it.
You mean to tell me I should be on the SIDE of the road!!! And all this time I've been meandering down the middle
Advert
Old 11-25-2009, 03:26 AM   #6
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Thanks Poshm and Dreams. Now I understand better how it works.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:56 AM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
You are welcome, Javed, and thank you for the K!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:57 AM   #8
poshm
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
You're welcome

I must admit I felt a tad daft for asking but I'm afraid things that are probably obvious to most people are not often obvious to me. I need things S P E L L E D out!
Old 11-25-2009, 03:11 PM   #9
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by poshm View Post
You mean to tell me I should be on the SIDE of the road!!! And all this time I've been meandering down the middle
MEANDERING down the middle of the road can lead to trouble. If you're going to shoot the center, you have to streak forward like a bat out of hell with all caution thrown to the wind. It also helps if you have a crazed look in you eyes as you shout something completely indiscernible, like ARRGGEEEYYAAGGOOO!!!
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:38 PM   #10
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
When I check my User CP, I don't see a "Latest Reputation Received" part. Does that mean I haven't received any reps yet? When you don't have any reputation to lose, does that mean you can get away with more?

Or do I have to set some kind of thingie to show that on my User CP?
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:42 PM   #11
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
When I check my User CP, I don't see a "Latest Reputation Received" part. Does that mean I haven't received any reps yet? When you don't have any reputation to lose, does that mean you can get away with more?

Or do I have to set some kind of thingie to show that on my User CP?
Check again.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:45 PM   #12
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Check again.
Thanks!

I use a similar setup on AbsoluteWrite.com, and I feel spoiled because I have (cough cough) 4081 rep points. And I think a number of posters have more than 10,000.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:13 AM   #13
poshm
Fanatic

Yep any Karma you receive will be shown on your User CP (control panel) automatically. You can see who gave you the karma so you can go leave a nice message of thanks