Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
jlonghurst
jlonghurst has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jlonghurst has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jlonghurst has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: prs 505, Kindle DX, Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle WiFi
Lost my book details column

Have always had as my last column the book details (Cover, description from metadata) on my Calibre Library for the selected book.

Updated to 0.9.27 and lost it.

Uninstalled and went back to 0.9.25, still haven't got that last column.

I have clearly done something daft - can someone please tell me how to un-daft the daft I've done? I've looked in the preferences and cannot see how to do it, and have searched these forums too, to no avail.

P.S. I'm an old lady, pushing 70, fairly non-technical instructions welcomed!

:-)
jlonghurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #2
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
Hi at the bottom right is a book icon, or shift + Alt + D
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Do you mean the book detail part on the right of the main window? If yes, please look on the bottom of the window, there are three icons. One of it looks like a book (see picture). Make a click on this icon and you will see the book details again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aufzeichnen.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	104610  
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlonghurst View Post
Have always had as my last column the book details (Cover, description from metadata) on my Calibre Library for the selected book.

Updated to 0.9.27 and lost it.

Uninstalled and went back to 0.9.25, still haven't got that last column.

I have clearly done something daft - can someone please tell me how to un-daft the daft I've done? I've looked in the preferences and cannot see how to do it, and have searched these forums too, to no avail.

P.S. I'm an old lady, pushing 70, fairly non-technical instructions welcomed!

:-)
You had ne confused.
Details is not a column.
Details is a special (window) Pane.
Others figured it out: The Book Icon at the bottom is a toggle (Show/NoShow)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:43 AM   #5
jlonghurst
jlonghurst has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jlonghurst has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jlonghurst has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: prs 505, Kindle DX, Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle WiFi
Thank you so much Alan and Diving Duck!

I am really grateful for that simple solution. Just shows how daft I am - never thought to explore the actual screen icons. :-(
jlonghurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2013, 05:29 AM   #6
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlonghurst View Post
Thank you so much Alan and Diving Duck!

I am really grateful for that simple solution. Just shows how daft I am - never thought to explore the actual screen icons. :-(
I think we have all been there at some point, sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees.

Last edited by alanHd; 04-20-2013 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Typo
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
columns, metadata