Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #16
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
I did once. They had The Tale of Despereaux for a buck, I bought it.

Most of the other choices haven't tempted me, but I subscribed to the Daily Deal email. You never know when a deal will come up on a book you want.
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 04:28 AM   #17
Kindlevarazs
Connoisseur
Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
You are right!:-)
I have bought Hangman's Daughter, and I recommend it anybody, it is indredible good historical thriller.
Kindlevarazs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #18
Renaldo
Addict
Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
I've bought a couple. There's a thread for them in the deals section. It's a good deal if it's a book you want.
Renaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:38 AM   #19
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindlevarazs View Post
You are right!:-)
I have bought Hangman's Daughter, and I recommend it anybody, it is indredible good historical thriller.
I was reading about how that book became such a hot-button issue with its publication in e-format. People really do seem to love it!

Oh, I didn't realize they changed the price on it.

Last edited by foreverjuly; 10-10-2011 at 04:31 PM.
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:40 AM   #20
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
I've only bought two so far; the Bonhoeffer biography (which I'd been wanting to get for a while) and Food Inc. I bought more books last year when Amazon first did the Daily Deals (though the promotion didn't last very long then), but right now I'm trying to curb my spending on books so most of the deals, though interesting, are a pass for me.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #21
marty888
marty888 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 - wifi + 3G
I've bought 3 so far:

TRUE DETECTIVE @$0.99 by an author I like

GOTHAM - History of NYC @$1.49 - a 1400-page book about my city

THE HANGMAN'S DAUGHTER @$0.99 - sounds intriguing

With a total of less than $3.50 for 3 books, they're obviously not getting rich from me!
marty888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:23 AM   #22
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
[QUOTE=foreverjuly;1775954]Looks like Amazon just started another big cheap books promotion.

Link: <<Affiliate link removed>>

Thanks! I hadn't seen that one.

Last edited by pilotbob; 10-10-2011 at 12:13 PM.
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:51 AM   #23
arnab_das
arnab_das began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
i buy quite a lot from daily deals to be honest. yea, most of the books are okay-ish but sometimes amazon does come up with gems!

like the other day Bonhoeffer was available for $1.99, couldnt miss that could i?
arnab_das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:39 PM   #24
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnab_das View Post
i buy quite a lot from daily deals to be honest. yea, most of the books are okay-ish but sometimes amazon does come up with gems!

like the other day Bonhoeffer was available for $1.99, couldnt miss that could i?
I missed that one. Darn!
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:52 PM   #25
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I've purchased two ebooks from Amazon's Daily Deals. I don't check there every day, but I haven't seen any others that interested me.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote