Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-30-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
Eelco
Eelco began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 16GB WiFi
Unhappy Stanza can't find my Calibre anymore :-(

Hi there!
I have a PC with Windows 7 64 bits (dutch) with Calibre 0.7.52 installed, and an iPad with Stanza 3.1 on it.
A while ago I could find my Calibre-library with the Stanza app on the iPad, but that was when I had 10 books in my library.
I could only find the library when I manually added the book source with the url http://192.168.0.109:8080, but at least I could find it (hoped that the library or the PC would show up under the "Computers Sharing Books" section beneath it, but I take what I can get ).
Now I've added quite some books to my Calibre library, and for some reason Stanza can't find my library anymore.
It is searching/loading for a while, and then it says "Catalog Error/the request timed out" and "Catalog Empty"....
I already played with the time-out in the settings in Stanza, but that didn't help much.

I can ping my iPad from my PC, I already added a route like someone suggested, but somehow I can't get Stanza to see my Calibre library. I have network access, I can use the internet, I can see the Calibre library when I test the Server on my PC, but that's it. Already disabled the ESET firewall, added exceptions for all the Calibre files, nothing works.

Please help getting this right, because I would *really* like to use Stanza with Calibre instead of iTunes and iBooks....

If anyone can help me getting the library to show up under "Computers Sharing Books" that would be perfect too

Last edited by Eelco; 03-30-2011 at 05:39 PM. Reason: forgot icon for post
Eelco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:00 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
If you connect to the computers' address with your browser, do you then see the Calibre web interface?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:53 AM   #3
Eelco

Hi! Thanks for your quick response!
As a matter of fact: when I try to test the server I can see it on my PC. However, this is with the localhost address 127.0.0.1:8080.
When I try it with my local network IP-address (192.168.0.109), I can't see it. Nor when I try it with my WAN-IP-address.
So that's probably why my iPad can't see it
Next question: how do I make the library visible on my own PC with the local network IP-address, so after that I can make it accessible to my iPad....
if more info is needed, please don't hesitate to ask and I shall try to fill in the blanks

Oh, some more info: I have a Sitecom WL351 router, with port 8080 forwarded to 192.168.0.109. No virtual servers. Firewall enabled but not configurable very much I think.

Last edited by Eelco; 03-31-2011 at 06:57 AM. Reason: added info
Old 03-31-2011, 06:57 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

The WAN IP wouldn't work without you having to configure something on your router.
Is there a firewall running on your system? If so, is it configured to allow external connections to calibre-server?
Old 03-31-2011, 07:03 AM   #5
Eelco

Disabled my ESET firewall on my PC completely, now I can see it. What Calibre programs need access? I just had calibre-server.exe in my list, thought that was enough...
Old 03-31-2011, 07:33 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard

It seems that when you launch the content server from the GUI, there's no calibre-server process being spawned (at least, I couldn't see one when I just tried). The server would then be an internal part of Calibre, I believe, so you'd have to enable access to calibre.exe itself.

Tags
calibre, connection, error, ipad, stanza