Notices

Old 07-05-2006, 09:19 AM   #91
ThinkNeXT
Enthusiast
ThinkNeXT began at the beginning.

Device: Loox600/S55/Ogo CT 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riocaz
Meditation isn't helping a lot. An iLiad might though.
I wonder when we're going to need an "Official Medication Thread" as well?
ThinkNeXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:36 AM   #92
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
Page 4/5 of this thread...

We are just blowing off steam. (and I have a lot to blow off atm, serious stress, and none of it work related)
I got a steam engine to relax.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72166458@N00/

Also, while we wait for the machine, it is time to reflash the Nokia 770 for the upgraded software revision, and then start to think about linking both machines via the wifi interface. Sort of active meditation.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2006, 09:42 AM   #93
R2D2
Mad Scientist
R2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litter

Device: Zaurus, HTCMagician, iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by arivero

Also, while we wait for the machine, it is time to reflash the Nokia 770 for the upgraded software revision, and then start to think about linking both machines via the wifi interface. Sort of active meditation.
Caution! The last time to spent some waiting with a firmware upgrade (a HTC Magician smartphone, not a Nokia 770), the device went dead...and I needed some additional meditation...
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:53 AM   #94
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by arivero

I'm surprised you diddn't require medication after breaking the e-ink screen of your libre...
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:35 AM   #95
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I just got back.

Here is the reply from iRex about the shipping date (whether there will be more delays)

"Products are already shipped from Asia. It is a matter of arriving to Europe.

We expect first set of orders to be shipped Thursday or Friday depending on the slot of the carrier into the warehouse

We start taking orders from the US end of this week or begin next week. First customer are likely to be invited tomorrow.

Regards,"

I must admit that I don't really understand that as I thought they were shipping from Dueren and already had Iliads ready there...but I actually dion't care anyomre...as long as I get the damn thing soon...

OOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

This just isn't working...

MMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nah...doesn't work either...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2006, 11:47 AM   #96
R2D2
Mad Scientist

Hmmmm.......confusing.

iliads on a ship somewhere between China and Europe?
iliads in Dueren and getting ready to to ship?
iliads in Dueren and ready to ship but lost in SAP?
iliads on a ship and in Dueren at the same time?

Hmmmm...maybe shipping just means that the thing is on a ship. Now that would be really creative...

Ok, better don't think about it, or we will get a headache. Ooooommmm.

Last edited by R2D2; 07-05-2006 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:51 AM   #97
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
but I actually dion't care anyomre...as long as I get the damn thing soon...
Uh! Same thought as yours. You are not alone.

oooohhhmm
"iLiad will arrive in first half of july"
oooohhhmm
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:14 PM   #98
R2D2
Mad Scientist

Code:
|       |       | |
|       |       ---
---------
iLiad at        iLiad at        iLiad at        iLiad on
1m              10m             1000m           ship

Last edited by R2D2; 07-05-2006 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:26 PM   #99
High 5
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
High 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enough

Device: Rocket ebook,Cybook, Hiebook, Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2
Ok, better don't think about it, or we will get a headache.
Already have one so I'll think for you.

It is all quit simple really.
Right, now you take your average black hole ok?
If you travel around it with just the right amount of speed and you don't kill your grandfather (that bit is rather important! ) or that stupid cat that keeps popping out of that box, well then you wind up in two different universes at the same time.
The next bit is tricky: Don't get involved with wardrobes!!
Or the IRS. (both of them, you live in two universes now remember? )
Right, ok, so now it is very easy to have your shipment at the same time in Germany and on route from Asia.

It is all so easy once you know how or if you have voices in your head that tell you how.
Like I have...
voices..
voices.
The voices OOOOoooooooohhhhhmmmmmm please somebody stop the voices!!!

I am taking another one of those nice and shiny red pills now and I am off for another lie down.
ooooooohhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
High 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:26 PM   #100
masc
Enthusiast
masc began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Then a big "oooommmmmmm" that there is no storm on the ocean ...
masc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:29 PM   #101
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I too am confused.

I thought they had Iliads in stock in Düren and were negotiating something to do with european transport.

I think that maybe SAP does the transport from the Phillipines and then UPS picks up the devices in Düren and transports in Europe...but I'm not sure...it's sad that even at this late stage there still is no certainty that the devices will actually ship tomorrow. Also, I'd like to know how many...They answer most of my questions very quickly and efficiently at the moment, but I don't think it would make a lot of sense the ask them about that...but maybe i'll do it anyway...^^
Preferably when I send out the next wave of invite requests...:-)
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:30 PM   #102
R2D2
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by High 5
It is all quit simple really.
If it takes advanced quantum mechanics and general relativity to get an iLiad then so be it.

Standby while I am calculating the possibility for a philippine ilIad tunnelling to my desk...
Old 07-05-2006, 12:42 PM   #103
R2D2
Mad Scientist

Just finished calculating:

p = 10^(-24094534090950293053984987230989508390859083390287 90742359779879874578259874298754892759824)

Not too bad...although it depends whether wireless is on or off...
Old 07-05-2006, 01:04 PM   #104
DHer
Addict
DHer doesn't litterDHer doesn't litter

Device: iliad
great - we know the exact probability.

now i just have to dust off my infinite improbability drive, then i'm done
DHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:33 PM   #105
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
I'm surprised you diddn't require medication after breaking the e-ink screen of your libre...
Of course I need it, the prescription of the doctor being... to get an iLiad

Now, with the glass broken and a corner still working, I was more amazed that surprised, I guess. BTW, here you have another meditation source: how to do a protective cover for the iLiad.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote