Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 05-07-2003, 07:56 AM   #16
BasilC
Zealot
BasilC is on a distinguished road

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
That's exactly what I did yesterday. Anyway, I'll try again - there should be a jpeg file attached to this (but I can't see it in preview mode).
Old 05-31-2003, 01:17 AM   #17
wins_chiu
wins_chiu began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten T
Can iSiloX handle Javascripts as well?

W
Advert
Old 06-03-2003, 05:57 PM   #18
phlyphish
phlyphish began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie T615C
Thanks loads for this thread (and all the great info on this site). I was thrilled when I finally got the TV listings page I use downloaded. It was this discussion on setting up cookies that helped me get the configuration options set properly. Thanx again!
Old 07-22-2003, 08:11 AM   #19
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally posted by wins_chiu
Can iSiloX handle Javascripts as well?

W
Doesn't appear so
Old 10-05-2003, 09:25 AM   #20
BasilC
Zealot

Still struggling with cookies

Alex, I still haven't properly figured out how to use cookies in iSiloX. Some advice would be gratefully received.

For the UK public transport website Xephos I have a cookie named basil@en[1].txt. When I open it I see the following:

login
basil.clarke%40btinternet.com
www.internet.xephos.com/site/xephos/en/

Which bits of this go into which fields in iSiloX?
Advert
Old 10-05-2003, 10:13 AM   #21
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasilC
login
basil.clarke%40btinternet.com
www.internet.xephos.com/site/xephos/en/

Which bits of this go into which fields in iSiloX?
Try this:
Enable 'Send cookies' and 'Receive cookies' in the Cookies Tab. Then Add a Cookie with

name: login
value: basil.clarke%40btinternet.com
expires: never
path: /site/xephos/en/
domain: www.internet.xephos.com

Greets!
Old 10-05-2003, 07:21 PM   #22
BasilC
Zealot

Alex, Many thanks, it worked. I'll use it as a template when I need to enter other cookies.
Old 10-07-2003, 01:12 PM   #23
holroy
holroy began at the beginning.

Device: Palm M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
1) Download Mozilla Phoenix. I use it instead of Internet Explorer because Mozilla displays the cookies in the same format like iSiloX.
It's also possible to read cookies using Opera. In this case you will find the cookies in File -> Preferences -> Privacy -> Manage cookies. In this list they are sorted on the domain which they originates from.

Opera maybe downloaded from www.opera.com, and is available for Windows and Linus and some other platforms...
Old 01-05-2007, 10:10 AM   #24
robinson
Zealot
robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have they changed the log-in procedures/cookies for the NY Times?

I'm now having problems fetching the education section, the science, and the space/cosmos ones. I went back through the cookies/password procedures cited and it's still not working. (I do have cookies send/receive set.)

Maybe someone else can let me know if they can get them working--if so, then it's user error (mine!) and not the Times!

When I pasted my Source link into the web browser, it takes me to the password login page...with everything filled in (courtesy of the browser). If I then click for it to accept it, it takes me to the page I want...

For example, here's one page I end up at.

http://www.nytimes.com/services/xml/rss/nyt/Space.xml

Any ideas?

Last edited by robinson; 01-05-2007 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:43 AM   #25
robinson
Zealot
robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A follow up. I have the science and space/cosmos sections working now. I discovered that I had changed my password at the New York Times site itself, but hadn't updated the source link and the cookies in iSiloX!

But I still cannot get the education section working.

It's this page: http://www.nytimes.com/services/xml/.../Education.xml

Another odd thing I noticed is that the cookie NYT-S showed a different value for the science and space/cosmos sections! And they're different from what shows in Firefox, too! I'm pretty sure I simply copy and pasted the cookie into both cookie fields for the two sections--but they changed!

-------

Well, solved that one, too! I copied and pasted from the science source into the education source and changed the final part of the url from "science" to "education"--that did it. There must have been a stray character or something in there (even though I compared them in a text editor and thought they were the same).

In any event, maybe my travails will help someone else (when all else fails, copy and paste the URL source link and change a few characters!)

Last edited by robinson; 01-05-2007 at 11:20 AM.