Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-27-2008, 01:27 PM   #1
hans030390
hans030390 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Possible to transfer ebook from one account to another?

The title basically says (or asks) it all. I downloaded an ebook to my Sony account, but I gave my reader as a gift to someone else (so it's on their account). Obviously, since their reader is authorized with their account (and not the one that downloaded the book), it can't read the book.

Is there any way to transfer the book over to the other account so that it is readable on their device (without having to re-buy it)?

I'm going to contact Sony about this as well and see if they can help.
hans030390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:31 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Give them access to your account. That's the only way. Sony ebooks cannot be transferred.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2008, 10:28 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You will have to allow the person who you gave the reader to to authorize the reader to your account. Then that eBook can be transferred and read. Once read, have that person authorize the reader to his/her account again so any eBooks purchased on his/her account can then be read. But the eBook you purchased won't be readable.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote