Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Trying to modify conversion parameters

Hi,

I don't know if this has already answered so I apologize in advance if I'm duplicating themes. I've just purchased a Kobo Mini and I need to set two different options set for files to work in a proper way:
* Margins: I need no left and right margins. I don't mean 0 value, but no options in general class (.calibre).
* Page control: I need to set widows and orphans to 0.

I need these options to work for ebook-convert (not GUI), and for any output and input format.

Thanks in advance.

Ciao

Terisa
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Hi,

I don't know if this has already answered so I apologize in advance if I'm duplicating themes. I've just purchased a Kobo Mini and I need to set two different options set for files to work in a proper way:
* Margins: I need no left and right margins. I don't mean 0 value, but no options in general class (.calibre).
* Page control: I need to set widows and orphans to 0.

I need these options to work for ebook-convert (not GUI), and for any output and input format.

Thanks in advance.

Ciao

Terisa
I don't use the CLI myself but from the manual it looks like these are the options you need to use:

For L/R margins:
Code:
--margin-left

Set the left margin in pts. Default is 5.0. Setting this to less than zero will cause no margin to be set. Note: 72 pts equals 1 inch

--margin-right

Set the right margin in pts. Default is 5.0. Setting this to less than zero will cause no margin to be set. Note: 72 pts equals 1 inch
and for widows/orphans this one:

Code:
--extra-css

Either the path to a CSS stylesheet or raw CSS. This CSS will be appended to the style rules from the source file, so it can be used to override those rules.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2012, 12:35 AM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you very much, as always, I should have read the manual
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote