Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-05-2012, 01:50 AM   #1
ssahnan
Enthusiast
ssahnan is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle3g, kindle touch, kindle fire, kindle ipad 1 and 2, kindle iphon
Woohoo, Netflix update fixes audio syncing

Got a netflix update tonight, audio syncs correctly for me. It was unwatchable beforehand. Video resolution also seems to settle to its Max level per what the bandwidth allows much quicker now too....now if we could only get that dang spotify app I would be all set...
ssahnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Yep the new update works great. Now I can watch the Walking Dead.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssahnan View Post
Got a netflix update tonight, audio syncs correctly for me. It was unwatchable beforehand. Video resolution also seems to settle to its Max level per what the bandwidth allows much quicker now too....now if we could only get that dang spotify app I would be all set...
With you on Spotify!
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I could not get it from this app store so I downloaded the apk from 1mobile. It is the latest version but audio sync is still a problem. I will uninstall it and wait until I can download it from this app store.

Last edited by robertc88; 01-06-2012 at 09:57 AM.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
I could not get it from this app store so I downloaded the napkin from 1mobile. It is the latest version but audio sync is still a problem. I will uninstall it and wait until I can download it from this app store.
I love autocorrect!

Seriously, though, I wonder why you can't get Netflix from the Amazon store? That's where I got it, and that's where I got the notification of the update from. (It fixed my audio-sync problem, too.)
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 09:55 AM   #6
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I still cannot update netflix from amazon. Something must be prohibiting it that lies within my KF but I will need to resolve whatever that is first.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #7
jswinden
Nameless Being

My Netflix app was at 1.6.0. I never got an update notice, even after syncing several times. However, the first time I went into the Apps store and selected Netflix I got an Update button which allowed me to update to 1.6.1. I haven't had time to verify if the new update fixed my audio/video sync problems yet.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #8
robertc88
Fanatic

Dumped everything out of my download folder (it was pretty full). Still no luck getting it from Amazon and I even uninstall the app from the KF. I'm back to 1.6.0 from 1mobile and I'm not sure where my KF is locked up with downloading Netflix at this point. I'd better try some other app to make sure Netflix isn't the only issue.

Maybe I'll give support a call. Don't know what my chances are of getting through with all that were recently sold and folks now playing with FIRE!
Old 01-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #9
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Hmm. The update seems to have fixed some of the hiccups I was having. But, haven't played with it too much the last few days.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #10
ratkity
Enthusiast
ratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five words

Device: Old Sony, Kindle 3G, Kindle Fire
The new update didn't fix my audio sync troubles.

I suspect that Netflix competes with Amazon Prime. BTW, I get no audio syncing issues with the videos on Prime. *sigh*

Hugs,
Ratkity
ratkity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #11
robertc88
Fanatic

Count me impressed.

I got through to support in under a minute and they told me to deregister the device and then register. All fixed now getting the app from their store for netflix and it seems to be running fine.

Maybe grabbing the Apk from 1mobile hosed me up.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #12
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
Count me impressed.

I got through to support in under a minute and they told me to deregister the device and then register. All fixed now getting the app from their store for netflix and it seems to be running fine.

Maybe grabbing the Apk from 1mobile hosed me up.
Thats why I don't sideload untrusted apps.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:58 AM   #13
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
I got my NF update notice in my task bar and downloaded the update.

I never noticed a sync issue so cant compare
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote