Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 05-15-2009, 05:09 PM   #16
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Also get rid of that IBM install of XP and make your own tablet edition of XP from the files on the HDD now. I can now boot in seconds other then loooong minutes.
www.powermega.ca has a battery for the X41 cheaper then anyone else at seventy somthing.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:43 PM   #17
All4Fun
Zealot
All4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, Blackberry Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
Also get rid of that IBM install of XP and make your own tablet edition of XP from the files on the HDD now. I can now boot in seconds other then loooong minutes.
www.powermega.ca has a battery for the X41 cheaper then anyone else at seventy somthing.
Thanks for the advice. I did exactly that a day after receiving the tablet and it runs pretty well. I even added another 2GB of RAM so I have 2GB of usable RAM now (out of the 2.5GB installed).

As for the battery, I bought one off of ebay this morning from a Cdn source (link) for approx. $70 including shipping. It's already been shipped so I should receive it on Tues/Wed next week.

All told, the tablet runs quite well. I just need some battery juice and I should be relatively golden.

Thanks again for the tips.

Last edited by All4Fun; 05-15-2009 at 05:47 PM.
All4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2009, 08:42 AM   #18
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Laugh sounds like we did the exact same thing. I haven't ordered my replacement battery yet as this one with a bit of conditioning seems to be lasting longer and longer. I'm at 2 hours now.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote