Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-28-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
genyue
Banned
genyue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Cannot see Kindle from My Computer

I have a Kindle 2. I cannot see Kindle from my My Computer.
Kindle can be detected by Windows 7, but its not showing itself under My Computer.

Please help. I'm trying to copy update___.bin file to my Kindle 2.

Huge image in spoiler below -- ixtab
Spoiler:

Last edited by ixtab; 07-28-2013 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Put image into spoiler tags - please observe the posting guidelines concerning maximum image sizes.
genyue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:14 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Try using a different USB cable. Make sure that the Kindle end of the cable is pushed all the way into its socket.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #3
genyue
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Try using a different USB cable. Make sure that the Kindle end of the cable is pushed all the way into its socket.
No. Your solution didn't work.
Stop suggesting this solution.

I deliberately show a screenshot to PROVE that my kindle is detected.

Last edited by genyue; 07-28-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A few more things to try:

1. Reboot your Kindle.
2. Reboot your PC.
3. Connect to a different USB port on your PC.
4. Connect to a different PC.

If all those fail, and you've already tried using a different USB cable, then it sounds as if the USB connector on your Kindle is faulty.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #5
genyue
Banned

Here's the solution. (and to journey711, if you haven't resolved yours)

1. Unplug Kindle from USB cable
2. Restart your Kindle
3. Reboot your PC
4. Go to search on Kindle
5. Type ;debugOn
6. Type `usbNetwork
7. Type `usbQa
8. Connect USB cable to your Kindle
9. Voila! You will see your Kindle under My Computer
Old 07-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #6
genyue
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A few more things to try:

1. Reboot your Kindle.
2. Reboot your PC.
3. Connect to a different USB port on your PC.
4. Connect to a different PC.

If all those fail, and you've already tried using a different USB cable, then it sounds as if the USB connector on your Kindle is faulty.
You're still guessing the same solution despite the fact that my kindle IS DETECTED. Please stop doing that. Go read a book.

Not all PCs have voltage issues.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by genyue View Post
You're still guessing the same solution despite the fact that my kindle IS DETECTED. Please stop doing that. Go read a book.

Not all PCs have voltage issues.
Don't be so damned rude when someone is try to help you. That's the last time you'll get any help from me.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

genyue: Your comment was incredibly rude toward someone who was trying to help you.

MobileRead has a set of guidelines for posting. You need to read them right now, before you make another post. (The GUIDELINES are located at the bottom of your screen.)

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
The Kindle 2 Support Page says:

Quote:
  1. Disconnect Kindle from computer.
  2. Restart Kindle by pressing Home > Menu > Settings > Menu and select "Restart."
  3. Connect the Kindle to a USB port on the back of your computer.
  4. Restart your computer with the Kindle connected to it.
If that doesn't work, you need to call Amazon for assistance.

On a side note, I appreciate that you are frustrated by your situation but it is not fair to take that frustration out on people who are trying to help you. If you don't like the answer, thank them for trying and move on.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:09 AM   #10
genyue
Banned

Quote:
Here's the solution. (and to journey711, if you haven't resolved yours)

1. Unplug Kindle from USB cable
2. Restart your Kindle
3. Reboot your PC
4. Go to search on Kindle
5. Type ;debugOn
6. Type `usbNetwork
7. Type `usbQa
8. Connect USB cable to your Kindle
9. Voila! You will see your Kindle under My Computer
IGNORE that solution.

This is the solution. (I am using Kindle 2 US version)

1. Connect Kindle to your PC
2. Go to Device Manager and remove your Kindle driver
3. Unplug USB cable from Kindle
4. Menu > Settings > Restart (on Kindle)
5. Connect USB cable to Kindle
6. Voila! (Windows 7 will reinstall drivers and you will see Kindle under My Computer)

The source of the issue is wrong drivers installed for Kindle.
This WILL happen when using usbnetwork on Kindle when usbnetwork doesn't work smoothly.

Last edited by genyue; 08-01-2013 at 05:18 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:14 AM   #11
genyue
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
The Kindle 2 Support Page says:

If that doesn't work, you need to call Amazon for assistance.

On a side note, I appreciate that you are frustrated by your situation but it is not fair to take that frustration out on people who are trying to help you. If you don't like the answer, thank them for trying and move on.
I will appreciate your kind of help because the solution you tried to provide make sense. But HarryT is telling me to do this and that because my kindle IS NOT DETECTED despite the fact that I uploaded my screenshot to prove that it is detected. Who wouldn't get pissed? Tell me.

Amazon solution will not work. Calling won't help either. Amazon employees' are there for their daily wage. Not to help people like us. They will provide solutions like everyone did within this thread.

People who will ACTUALLY help me would have collected more details from me before suggesting solutions.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #12
silasgreenback
New Leaf Turner
silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
People who will ACTUALLY help me would have collected more details from me before suggesting solutions.
With the details provided, maybe this'll do.
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote