Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-24-2012, 06:17 AM   #46
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Jocampo started this thread on Sept 26th. Does he still have time to exchange his iPad3 at the Apple Store for a new iPad 4?
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:30 AM   #47
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Jocampo started this thread on Sept 26th. Does he still have time to exchange his iPad3 at the Apple Store for a new iPad 4?
Why? :-)

Is the price still the same? I honestly have no complains. For what I do, which is reading PDFs and browsing internet, the current hardware does the trick.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #48
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post

Is the price still the same? I honestly have no complains. For what I do, which is reading PDFs and browsing internet, the current hardware does the trick.
Some stores are offering a free exchange to the latest model for those who purchased it within 30 days.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #49
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by injapan View Post
amazing only 7 months after the ipad 3 is released the 4th generation iPad is here, faster and more extras (not many.... but)
I think they are trying to steal the fire from the windows 8 release (and all their tablets)
It kind of sucks for those of us who bought the iPad3. No wait, , we earlier buyers didn't get the new connector rammed up our backsides rendering our connector-related peripherals from previous models unusable. Well some peripherals (like docks) will be unusable while others will simply require an overpriced adapter.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-24-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #50
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
... simply require an overpriced adapter.
Overpriced? Really? I find that $50 for an HDMI or VGA adapter is very reasonable.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #51
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by injapan View Post
amazing only 7 months after the ipad 3 is released the 4th generation iPad is here, faster and more extras (not many.... but)
I think they are trying to steal the fire from the windows 8 release (and all their tablets)
I think it is just to push the lightning connector. The one they had was plenty to steal the fire from windows.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #52
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I think it is just to push the lightning connector. The one they had was plenty to steal the fire from windows.

Dale
It probably will steal the show from Windows 8 RT as it doesn't look all that impressive. On the other hand, Windows 8 Pro will finally introduce a workhorse tablet that can be used by corporations and professionals to get a lot done as opposed to the very limited usefulness of iOS devices and Android devices. Like it or not iOS devices and Android devices are basically for entertainment and Windows 8 Pro will be for getting stuff done that pays the bills. Two different markets.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #53
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Quote:

If you're within the unofficial 30-day window to return I would at least think about it. Refurbished iPad 3rd gens are now $369 for the 16GB wi-fi model. the new iPad 4th gen is same price as previous gen but supposedly double the performance. You likely won't notice the performance much unless you play games or read large pdfs, but if you can double the performance for the same money.. well, it's worth thinking about anyways.

ETA: But I don't think current iPad 3 owners out of the return period should be too upset. It's not a groundbreaking update, it's a fairly minor refresh. You can be happy and secure that you have a great item and if you feel the need to upgrade soon, at least you can wait until the one that comes next and is thinner and lighter by 20% (hopefully, based on iPhone 5 and iPad mini weight)

Last edited by seajewel; 10-24-2012 at 08:14 PM.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #54
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
ETA: But I don't think current iPad 3 owners out of the return period should be too upset. It's not a groundbreaking update, it's a fairly minor refresh. You can be happy and secure that you have a great item and if you feel the need to upgrade soon, at least you can wait until the one that comes next and is thinner and lighter by 20% (hopefully, based on iPhone 5 and iPad mini weight)
Bought the iPad 3rd gen on release and I'm actually quite happy about the iPad 4th gen release. I've been meaning to buy a couple more LTE models and the $150 price drop on the 3rd gen is much appreciated.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 10-24-2012 at 09:37 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:41 AM   #55
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
ETA: But I don't think current iPad 3 owners out of the return period should be too upset. It's not a groundbreaking update, it's a fairly minor refresh.
To me this feels like the iPad 1->2 upgrade (but less so, as that added cameras as well as increased processing power), rather than the iPad 2->3 upgrade, so I don't feel any need to upgrade to the 4.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:40 AM   #56
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:

jocampo you're crazy if you don't at least try. Think of it as future proofing your tablet.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #57
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
jocampo you're crazy if you don't at least try. Think of it as future proofing your tablet.
You mean until next month...
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #58
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I am fine with my iPad3
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #59
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Mine it's the 4G model, Verizon Wireless.

I honestly don't want to argue with one of those sales guy, it's not worth my time.

I believe resolution didn't change and it's same weight. So I won't see benefit of a faster CPU.

For gaming, I always use my PS3 ...
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #60
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
The games I play don't require extra speed. If this drops the cost of the iPad3 then I will look at getting one for my Parents for Christmas.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote