Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #27811
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Personally, I never believed that he was the tortured soul he kept portraying himself as. I always got the impression he was taking us all for a ride. I still think that's the case.

However, if it is true, I hope he gets the help he needs.
I think he is every bit as messed up, if not more than he let us see. I also do not think he posed a threat of any kind to any living thing.

well, maybe bugs
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #27812
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Thank you! I've done exactly that. If you want to join this chat group, send your email address to "BadGoodDebi at gmail.com" and I'll send you an "invitation" that you have to click on to join. Jon -- I'm hoping you will join too, otherwise this is sort of a waste!

P.S. If you want to send your MR name too, I'll recognize who you are.

P.P.S. We need more people, cuz *I'm* not much of a talker.

Deb
great idea Deb. I will certainly join but how depends on your answer to my question.
Will the messages be exchanged through my email address? If yes I have to open a new gmail account as I am using the one that I have for things that I prefer to keep separated. If not i can join right away. You can either answer me by post or by pm.
Thanks

Last edited by DMcCunney; 02-21-2011 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Fixed at BadGoodDeb's request
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:21 PM   #27813
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
great idea Deb. I will certainly join but how depends on your answer to my question.
Will the messages be exchanged through my email address? If yes I have to open a new gmail account as I am using the one that I have for things that I prefer to keep separated. If not i can join right away. You can either answer me by post or by pm.
Thanks
You have to have a google account (I think) and you can set a Nickname on that. The nickname is what is visible on screen. You can view only on the web, or (and by default) to have each message mailed to you.

Yeah, the email messages seem to show the email address that you have used. [Any current members can re-request an invitation, if you have a different address you would prefer people be able to see.] So yeah -- your email is visible.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #27814
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
It is not. It was a permanent ban, by a unanimous decision of the entire MR moderating team.

He's a troubled soul, subject to violent mood swings. He's "Doctor Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde." When he's up, he can be witty and even brilliant. When he's down, he can be very badly behaved. It reached the point where some MR members didn't want to visit MR because they were afraid of him and didn't want to be in the same forums. This is simply not acceptable.

He always apologized afterward for bad behavior, but he always did it again.

I hope for his own sake that he finds doctors he can trust and a treatment regimen that will help him achieve balance. But meanwhile, his problems are his responsibility to deal with. MR is not his therapy group, and it was not fair to the rest of the MR community to be subjected to Mr. Hyde.
______
Dennis
Dennis, thank you so much for explaining. That has been very thoughtful and I am sure that we all appreciate your sharing the details. If i had been a member of the Moderating Team, I don't know if I would have been capable of resisting the impulse to withhold my agreement. But posting this is just an impulse.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #27815
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
You have to have a google account (I think) and you can set a Nickname on that. The nickname is what is visible on screen. You can view only on the web, or (and by default) to have each message mailed to you.

Yeah, the email messages seem to show the email address that you have used. [Any current members can re-request an invitation, if you have a different address you would prefer people be able to see.] So yeah -- your email is visible.
Ok, i'll open a new account for this and join. To morrow afternoon probably, now is time to go to bed.
thank you so much.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:37 PM   #27816
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alm Hlgh View Post
Reading this thread and rubbing my feet... Is that too much info? lolo
??? feet icist ???

??? or is the reading of the thread the hot stuff ???

Give me a hint, a trace, a nudge, anything. Are you Jon the recluse?
Old 02-18-2011, 07:58 PM   #27817
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Gmail does not appear to recognise:-

<address elided>

Will send a PM with Gmail address.

Cheers

Last edited by DMcCunney; 02-21-2011 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Removed original contact address per BadGoodDeb's request
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #27818
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post
Gmail does not appear to recognise:-

<address elided>

Will send a PM with Gmail address.

Cheers
Remove the space between xxxxx@ and yyyyyyyyyyyy.com before trying to use it as a destination address.
______
Dennis

Last edited by DMcCunney; 02-21-2011 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Removed original contact address per BadGoodDeb's request
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:13 PM   #27819
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.

I am a fully registered and certified idiot!

It too takes talent.

Cheers
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:13 PM   #27820
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Right -- remove the space. But I got your email from the PM you sent me. So you are good, nohmi2!
Old 02-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #27821
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Right -- remove the space. But I got your email from the PM you sent me. So you are good, nohmi2!
I mailed in as indicated. waiting for something
Old 02-18-2011, 08:25 PM   #27822
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Oddly enough, you and I are faster at typing on THIS web site, than google is at sending emails between us. Oh well -- it should get to you before too long! I had a few minutes of wait time for the one I sent myself, too (don't ask -- I've got an 'owner' and a 'member' name on there, cuz my email insists on it!)
Old 02-18-2011, 08:33 PM   #27823
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Does anybody have an email address for the target of this little project? It would be nice if he could be invited to show up!
Old 02-18-2011, 08:34 PM   #27824
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Oddly enough, you and I are faster at typing on THIS web site, than google is at sending emails between us.
Nothing odd about it. You are both online, and corresponding in real time. Email must take multiple hops between you to reach its destination, and is at the mercy of conditions along the way. I'd expect it to be slower.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:47 PM   #27825
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Nothing odd about it. You are both online, and corresponding in real time. Email must take multiple hops between you to reach its destination, and is at the mercy of conditions along the way. I'd expect it to be slower.
______
Dennis
thinking on that .... The web doesn't use status-full connections, does it? I woulda thought it was as connectionless as email. But perhaps the path is cached cuz I'm actively using it? .... brain hurts from thinking too hard .....

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?