Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Audible.co.uk freebies

Alright, I've noticed that many of you haven't been able to get some of the audible.com freebies posted because they are unavailable in your region, mostly in the UK. If this is the case, have you looked at Audible.co.uk? The best thing is, you can have an account with them and Audible at the same time. Once you have a book downloaded, it will work regardless of which site you are signed in on.

The first may be the best, but it is definitely geo-restricted. It also probably won't be up much longer. The rest are more readily available.

Headhunters, by Joe Nesbo

Lonesome Dove, by Larry McMurty

The Link: Uncovering Our Earliest Ancestor, by Colin Tudge

Ivanhoe, by Sir Walter Scott

(For those of you having trouble with the Audible.com version this might help.)

The Mountain (short story), by J. J. Bell

Enjoy!

skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Odd, Ivanhoe comes up as invalid ASIN using both the Audible.com and Audible.co.uk links.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:52 PM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Odd, Ivanhoe comes up as invalid ASIN using both the Audible.com and Audible.co.uk links.
That one has been removed - once withdrawn, that's usually the message you get at Audible.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:09 AM   #4
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
That one has been removed - once withdrawn, that's usually the message you get at Audible.
All the audible.co.uk ones come up that way for me.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
All the audible.co.uk ones come up that way for me.
Wow, that's amazing. I found all of the Audible.com titles through Google; I found the Audible.co.uk titles through the Audible for Android app. That means they were happy to tell me about these free titles. Apparently as soon as they noticed these titles posted here (or through koland, who re-posted them) they took down every one of them. And what is funny is that they only took down these specific ones. "The Booktaker," a short story that was highlighted on the Audible post, is also free on Audible.co.uk. It is still free, apparently since I didn't tell anyone. I guess the moral of this story is that we will give you freebies, just don't tell anyone.

skinmaan
Old 09-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #6
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
There may be a set number of giveaways, then it just disappears....

I'd be happy to repost Booktaker (but I really don't have a huge number of UK readers)
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:42 PM   #7
skinmaan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
There may be a set number of giveaways, then it just disappears....

I'd be happy to repost Booktaker (but I really don't have a huge number of UK readers)
I wouldn't worry about it. If any of you UK'ers want this and can't find it, PM me and I'll send it to you. It was mostly just an example.