Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
JMRoda
JMRoda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre Not Working

I really love this software and have had it for years. All of a sudden a few days ago, it stopped working. I go to open the program and it just doesn't load. I get Calibre(Not Responding). I'm then asked if i want to close or wait for the program. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, I tried tweaking my anti-virus and I've read through the forums and manual. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have Windows Vista, which I know, doesn't help. Thanks!
JMRoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:38 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try the various things described here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....ing-on-windows
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #3
JMRoda
JMRoda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you so much for your quick response. I think it had something to do with the font folder. I ran calibre and then let it sit for about 10 minutes. It loaded properly and now I'm able to open it normally. Thanks so much!
JMRoda is offline   Reply With Quote