Old 03-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
dagplaytune
dagplaytune began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 602pro
bluetooth function as remote control for lego NXT brick

Is it possible to use the bluetooth function of the 60x or 90x as a remote
control for the Lego NXT 2.0 robot set?

some are doing it with portable phone.

I imagine, one would need to program a new app for this.

One will reply, why not an universal remote so, user could remote control some house functions or appliances...

I'll throw the Idea, developper will answer if it could be done , and why, if not.

best regards <dag.
dagplaytune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:40 AM   #2
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
one would answer, yes it can be done but you'd probably have to do it yourself.
one will reply not all house functions or appliances are controlled by bluetooth for those who are see previous answer.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2011, 04:08 AM   #3
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
I've looked into something like this before but the problem is that you need root permissions to attach to the bluetooth stack as far as I understand. Some developers (reader42) had a moving map application for gps almost finished but reached a dead end when they learned that they can't connect to the bluetooth GPS device because of a "permission" problem. (1)
So unless you have root access to your device I would doubt that you can solve your task. Of course there is always the possibility of JTAG. But then you need to write far more than just your own application.

_________
references:
1) http://translate.google.com/translat...hp%3Ft%3D99627

Last edited by review; 03-08-2011 at 04:15 AM.
review is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:27 AM   #4
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Would having the root password be enough ? I don't see that there is a way to operate as root even if you do have it but maybe someone with more Linux experience can ?

The basic idea from what I've seen looking around would be to hijack the update process by editing the new image, changing the root password seems simple enough but you'd still need to set suid on busybox to be able to use it and thats a bit more complicated.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluetooth, nxt, remote control