Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 03-13-2009, 05:55 AM   #16
hannah
Zealot
hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Bebook mini
My bebook last a lot longer with the bebook firmware as with OI. I find it a noticeable difference.
hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:46 AM   #17
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah View Post
My bebook last a lot longer with the bebook firmware as with OI. I find it a noticeable difference.
My experience is just the opposite, so I suspect it may be due to user usage patterns. With the flaky BeBook firmware I was reading mostly mobi format, and powered off over night. With the more stable OI firmware, I read mostly in epub or fb2 format, and have not turned the device off for over a month.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2009, 08:48 AM   #18
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by iterati View Post
I am not certain but I think OI actually uses more power than the original firmware, perhaps because the longer boot time, though. I noticed too that leaving it always on it actually consumes less power than off/on once or twice a day.
That is common, e.g. the Nokia N810 have the same property. It is built to be on alla the time. Booting takes a lot of power.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:09 AM   #19
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Whew *picture me wiping brow*.
I'd been having trouble with .lit files for a while, as most of you know, I've posted about it before. I finally gathered up my courage in both hands and updated the EZ Reader firmware to Jinke's Jan. 20 release. The whole reader seems livelier in performance, and opens .lit files a lot faster than it did. I was holding my breath the whole time, though - updating that kind of thing makes me nervous.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:03 PM   #20
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Whew *picture me wiping brow*.
I'd been having trouble with .lit files for a while, as most of you know, I've posted about it before. I finally gathered up my courage in both hands and updated the EZ Reader firmware to Jinke's Jan. 20 release. The whole reader seems livelier in performance, and opens .lit files a lot faster than it did. I was holding my breath the whole time, though - updating that kind of thing makes me nervous.
Glad you finally took the risk. It is a lot better. I would recommend it to everyone, oh, I already have.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #21
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Dale. It still won't open massive .lit files though. Alex Haley's Roots just kills it.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:43 PM   #22
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Thanks Dale. It still won't open massive .lit files though. Alex Haley's Roots just kills it.
Yea, there are likely resource problems. It is possible to convert lit to some other format using a command called convertlit. Use google to find it.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:12 PM   #23
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Yea, there are likely resource problems. It is possible to convert lit to some other format using a command called convertlit. Use google to find it.

Dale
Yep, I'm pretty much an expert on that particular concatenation. That's the ONLY one, though.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:02 AM   #24
mvoosten
Zealot
mvoosten began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Glad you finally took the risk. It is a lot better. I would recommend it to everyone, oh, I already have.

Dale
Mmm, as a alpha/beta version it certainly is. But there are still same sharp etches that need to get finished.
Updated the Wiki to get a more complete view (at least from my experience). Feel free to comment/add.
mvoosten is offline   Reply With Quote