Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Emulate refreshOnTurn

Good evening to all!!
I'm trying to figure out a way to emulate the full page refresh option using shell commands.
I "need" this because the current option provided by Amazon doesn't affect WAFs (one more lack...) even if I set it using the refreshOnTurn property.
I tried
Code:
eips ''
but this doesn't remove the shadows left by previous pages.
Any clue?
Thanks!!!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Good evening to all!!
I'm trying to figure out a way to emulate the full page refresh option using shell commands.
I "need" this because the current option provided by Amazon doesn't affect WAFs (one more lack...) even if I set it using the refreshOnTurn property.
I tried
Code:
eips ''
but this doesn't remove the shadows left by previous pages.
Any clue?
Thanks!!!
A quick hack would be to copy the framebuffer to a temp file with dd, then clear the screen (full flash) multiple times with delays between them (for maximum erasure), then copy the original framebuffer back and do the eips '' to refresh it. Guaranteed to work.

Or you could use fancier methods that take research and testing. A quick hack as suggested may suffice until you require a better method...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
A quick hack would be to copy the framebuffer to a temp file with dd, then clear the screen (full flash) multiple times with delays between them (for maximum erasure), then copy the original framebuffer back and do the eips '' to refresh it. Guaranteed to work.

Or you could use fancier methods that take research and testing. A quick hack as suggested may suffice until you require a better method...
This quick hack is interesting, but I need to test it as it should be a "fast enough" solution (it should be done every page turning)!
Thanks for the hint!!!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
This quick hack is interesting, but I need to test it as it should be a "fast enough" solution (it should be done every page turning)!
Thanks for the hint!!!
That hack would be fast, especially if only one screen clear before the redraw. You need a slight delay before the redraw to be sure the erase is (mostly) complete before the redraw.

Alternatively, there is probably something you can poke somewhere in /sys to change the screen refresh method.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote