Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-13-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
oldbwl
Zealot
oldbwl doesn't litteroldbwl doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-300
Sony eMail "A gift from Sony for our Reader Pocket owners"

Just received an email with an offer for a free case for Pocket Readers while stocks last.

A free Christmas gift for our Reader™ owners*
*While stocks last

We’re giving our Reader Pocket Edition™
owners a free case. Well it is Christmas.

There’s no catch. All you need to do to claim your
free gift is give us a call before we run out. We’ll
need the model number of your Reader™ and the
address you’d like us to send your gift to.

Call Sony now on 01379 649401
to claim your free gift

I rang the number on the email, and hey presto, despite not having any opening times listed, they were shut and the number goes over to a FAX!!!!!!
oldbwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Yes, I rang too - with the same result. I also tried the links for discounted ebooks in the email and found that even with the voucher code for 20% off, (sonyxmas), they were still about £1 more expensive than from places like the Book Depository.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2010, 03:16 PM   #3
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
That number belongs to this place.

Not sure if it's legit or not, but a very cursory glance suggests that they may handle something like this for somebody like Sony
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:57 PM   #4
MasterGame
Enthusiast
MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Anybody receive a similar offer in the US?
MasterGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:27 PM   #5
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I would've thought a spare stylus might be more useful!
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2010, 09:58 PM   #6
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I would've thought a spare stylus might be more useful!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:50 AM   #7
Slingshot71
Slingshot71 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
That number belongs to this place.

Not sure if it's legit or not, but a very cursory glance suggests that they may handle something like this for somebody like Sony
It is legit, they're a promotional fulfilment company. I used to work for the parent company and know Sony is a client of theirs. Looks like someone messed up and put their Fax number on the email
Slingshot71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:52 AM   #8
cgk
Enthusiast
cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite Signature
Yes, they have changed it, it was a mistake in the email, the correct number ends "499" not "401", I phoned up this morning and got my free case ordered.

Any item what type of case it is going to be?
cgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:59 AM   #9
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
They probably did put a fax no in as I rang today and after 15 mins of trying got through to be told to ring 01379 649499 , which i did and after another 10mins a nice lady took my name and address and model and promised me the case would be in the mail.

I believe that Sonys offices in the UK are in Diss as thats where I sent my claim on the VAT refund for my 650

I also received mail from them with the return of my receipt etc that I had sent them and a note that the refund would soom be paid to my account

all in all im pretty happy with Sony at the moment
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:59 AM   #10
Blackadder
Somewhat bored
Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo hd
I had the email but for my PRS-650, finally got through and a cover is on it's way.

I've had my receipts back from Sony and the cash has been paid into my bank.
Blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:59 AM   #11
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I finally got through on the new number and was told I could choose between a case for the 350 or a screen protector for the 650. I was hoping for a case for my new 650 but that wasn't an option, although I did try. I chose the case as I don't find a screen protector to be necessary. As I am selling the 350, I will probably sell the case when it arrives, then at least it will help fund the case for my 650.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:24 AM   #12
CiderBoy
CiderBoy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
PRS-300 Case Recieved Today

I've recieved my free case from Sony today.

I was expecting it to be the normal boring black Sony one but was pleasantly surprised as it's a Proporta leather one
CiderBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:35 AM   #13
Lyn2012
Addict

My case arrived today as well. However, it is for a 300, not the 350 case I was expecting so it will be going on Ebay. It's a pity as it is the nice blue leather one I nearly bought myself last year, when I owned a 300.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:01 AM   #14
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-650, Apple iPad 3 64GB Wifi
Shame we didn't get this portion in the US. We are a major Sony household with my wife and sister-in-law's 505s, my father -in-law's 600, my two boys 300s and my 650. Extra cases are always a bonus.

Congrats to those who were able to get this.
revfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:09 PM   #15
cgk
Enthusiast
cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite Signature
I never got a case, I got a screen protector instead, although when I phoned up they said they'd send a case?
cgk is offline   Reply With Quote