Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-24-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
Can't SAVE TO DISK Calibre 0.6.24

Sorry, this is undoubtedly another stupid question and something I've overlooked.

I can't seem to SAVE TO DISK using Calibre. I have tried the RIGHT click method and the icon at the top as well. I pointed it to various folder, the Desktop as well as a subfolder.

The job runs and displays a green check mark but the file never shows up. I double click on the job and it says "No details available" .

Kindle DX trying to save an AZW file. Calibre 0.6.24 on Windows XP SP3
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:28 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
save to disk doesn;t run as a separate job, do you mean send to device?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:51 PM   #3
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
No, send to device works. Save to disk FROM the device does NOT.

I can highlight a book in Calibre on the LIBRARY side and save it elsewhere to the disk, I can highlight a book on the DEVICE side and it will not save anywhere I try and put it. I look at the job list and a separate DOWNLOAD BOOKS FROM DEVICE job is listed whenever I try and save a book FROM the device to somewhere on my HD. The files just never show up.

I had bought some books from Amazon over whispernet and wanted to include them in Calibre, I wanted to copy them FROM the device to my HD.

Last edited by Rootman; 11-24-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:54 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Ah from the device, ok please open a ticket for it and I'll have a look at it tomorrow.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:59 AM   #5
NLP
NLP began at the beginning.

Device: sony pocket reader
Hi,
Not at all a computer person! Most of what I read on your thread goes over my head. I just want to read.
My question is if I want to buy a kindle book on the kindle PC program (i don't have a kindle) can I move it to my calibre library and then put it on a sony pocket reader? I think I am getting one for Christmas.
If so how? (really simply please) HA HA
thanks!!!
NLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:01 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Almost certainly not. If you buy a Kindle book it is likely to be protected with DRM, and calibre cannot handle that.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote