Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 12-28-2014, 04:45 AM   #1021
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrillon View Post
Maybe I am doing something wrong. in my Calibre library I have several books with multiple authors i.e. Richard Bachman & Stephen King. I use the the "&" as a separator. In Calibre, Bachman and King are listed separately but in COPS I only see "Bachman" in the details of the book. If I search "King" in COPS I find the books but they are listed as single author KING. Even if I reverse the authors like Stephen King & Richard Bachman, Bachman comes out.

Verified the same thing with another book... Robert Galbraith & J. K. Rowling as authors. Galbraith comes out as Authors.

It seems to display the first author alphabetically. Is there a fix to list all authors like you list al tags?

Thanks in advance
You're right there was a bug. I've fixed it on github a few weeks ago.

I'll try to make a new release soon
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 12:32 PM   #1022
Abrillon
Abrillon began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone
Thanks. Tried to fix it myself looking at the code. Was very close to it. Une bière est déjà envoyée. Malheuresement, je ne peux t'envoyer une bière micro brassée au Québec.

What is the nest way to follow and test any of your changes?
Abrillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #1023
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrillon View Post
Thanks. Tried to fix it myself looking at the code. Was very close to it. Une bière est déjà envoyée. Malheuresement, je ne peux t'envoyer une bière micro brassée au Québec.

What is the nest way to follow and test any of your changes?
Thanks for the beer, always appreciated !

To follow the changes, you'll have to follow COPS repository on Github and keep an eye on this topic. I don't have any facebook or twitter account (yes that's true).

To test the latest changes you can download current github sources (button on the right).

<offtopic>
8 months ago, a friend brought me back from Quebec a gift : one bottle of
Mons dubbel d’abbaye and I must admit it was very very good (personal top 3). Canada and USA are brewing very good quality beers.
</offtopic>
Old 12-28-2014, 03:32 PM   #1024
ki5ck
Connoisseur
ki5ck began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, Note3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
For now no there no way to do that. IIRC I have a patch somewhere that change the sorting to include book series so all the books with no series are at the end of the list and all other books are grouped by series.
Would it be enough ?
This would be ideal. How might I get this patch?
ki5ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:09 AM   #1025
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ki5ck View Post
This would be ideal. How might I get this patch?
I committed it earlier today : https://github.com/seblucas/cops/com...a32c6a02d16b18
Old 12-29-2014, 10:17 AM   #1026
ki5ck
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
Thank you!
Old 12-29-2014, 12:23 PM   #1027
vlad59
Addict

COPS 1.0.0RC3

COPS 1.0.0RC3 is out with bug fixes and some new features (First post to download) :

* Fixed server side render with Bootstrap template (a proper unit test was also added).
* Upgraded to latest doT-php, Typeahead 0.10.5, jquery-cookie 1.4.1, JQuery 1.11.1
* Fixed book count with custom columns.
* Updated Catalan, Dutch, French and Russian translations.
* Added AZW3 to the format that can be sent to Kindle (by mail).
* Fixed $config['cops_thumbnail_handling'] with bootstrap template.
* Added Hungarian translation. Thanks to harunibn.
* Added Ukrainian translation. Thanks to Anatoliy Zavalinich
* Added full PHP password check (without any need from specific webserver configuration). Thanks to Mark Bond.
* Added new IOS7 style with default template. Thanks to an anonymous source .
* Fixed display of authors names for books with more than one author.
* Added PHP version to checkconfig.php (will help debugging for me).
* Added a configuration item ($config['cops_template']) to change the default template. Thanks to Shin.
* Added a configuration item ($config['cops_language']) to force COPS language. Thanks to Sandy Pleyte.
* Added a trick to have user based configuration, check https://github.com/seblucas/cops/wiki/User-based-config for more information. Thanks to Sandy Pleyte.
* Changed the default sort order on books by author page to show books in a series before all other books.

First sorry for the little time I've been spending on COPS, real life has been hard with me for the 4 last months.

The bootstrap theme had unfortunately some bugs with some corner cases, they should be fixed with this release. I also fixed some long standing bugs (see the changelog).

I also merged many useful Pull requests from Github and by mail. Please keep them coming, it really gives me more motivation to carry on with COPS.

If no major bugs are detected with this release it will certainly become a real COPS 1.0.0.

Thanks a lot for all the donations, Thanks to all the contributers and translators.

About COPS 2.0, it's starting to work correctly and the new code architecture is beginning to get stable, I initially hoped to give you an alpha version for Xmas .... but that seems a little late. I'll see what I can do.

As usual the download link is in the first post.

Happy testing and a happy new year to everyone.
Old 12-31-2014, 07:16 AM   #1028
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
for COPS!

and a happy new year to all!

As usual all seems to work fine, at least the way I use it.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 01:13 PM   #1029
Grishka
Grishka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello there !

I'm not coming by as often as I should, but I don't forget COPS :-)

Everything was working fine with the 1.00 RC1, so I've juste updated to RC3 on my Synology NAS (As usual I don't use the package).
So far, very good work : everything is working really fine.

The only thing that bother me is the performances of my NAS for rendering the miniatures. So I was wondering, is there a way to use one generic cover for the main interface, and the true one only if I open the book's pop-up ?

And as always, I'm interested by an option to send email from more than one account, to more than one email (In case the COPS library is a family one, with multiple reading devices).
Grishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:15 AM   #1030
LuCouto
LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle and iPad Mini 4
HELP REQUESTED, PLEASE!
I've just installed COPS in my Synology DS212+ and I've trying to make it work with a special configuration:

1. In my MacBook, I keep Calibre Library in my Dropbox ("Calibre" folder in the DB)
2. I use Cloud Sync in my Synology in order to sync my Dropbox to a folder inside my home folder.
3. So, I have my Calibre library hosted at : /volume1/homes/myuser/Dropbox/Calibre/ via Cloud Sync !
4. I've written this PATH inside the /volume1/web/cops/config_local.php file so I've a line like
Code:
$config['calibre_directory'] = '/volume1/homes/myuser/Dropbox/Calibre/';
5. Nevertheless, COPS Configuration check shows the following message :
Code:
File /volume1/homes/myuser/Dropbox/Calibre/metadata.db not found, Please check
a. Is there a way to make this work in a private folder inside the home folder?
b. Must Calibre Library be inside a shared folder in order COPS to work properly?
c. If so (b), is there a way to "sync" my Calibre library folder inside the private folder with a shared folder in Synology root? I just don't want to put my Dropbox in a shared folder, as there as many users that have access to this disk.
d. Any other solutions or ideas to make this config works? ie. Synology + Dropbox + COPS?

UPDATE (solution):
So, it seems impossible to make COPS (or BocBucStriim) work inside "homes" folder. I've found a solution though... not ideal, but it works!
1. Create a shared folder to host the Calibre Library from my Dropbox
2. Create a another user (I've called it "Calibre") in Synology for sync purposes (not main main user that syncs the whole Dropbox content)
3. Configure Cloud Sync for user Calibre to sync just the Calibre Library folder from my Dropbox into that shared folder created previously
4. Once syncing is done, configure COPS as user guide says... and voilà! Everything works!

So now I've my Calibre Library in my Dropbox local folder in my MacBook and that syncs automatically with my Synology COPS!

Last edited by LuCouto; 01-07-2015 at 04:36 PM.
LuCouto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 04:01 PM   #1031
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

@LuCouto

I could not make COPS work with a Calibre database inside a "homes" folder on my Synology/Xpenology (the way I have configured it).

You could try another folder and protect this folder from other users with the right permissions. As I an the only user/administrator of my Synology I have not tested this.

Also I do not use dropbox for my Calibre database (to big). I just regularly copy (or rsync) the updated database from my PC/Mac to my Synology.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:53 AM   #1032
vlad59
Addict

@LuCouto

The only way to make it work using "homes" folder is to use a bind mount (mount --bind). A user did that a year but it was complicated.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:55 PM   #1033
ki5ck
Connoisseur

Is there any way to:

(1) Split series by first letter like Authors? I have a pretty large list of series.

(2) Display the series name and order on the OPDS output like it is on the HTML output? This would be especially useful on the most recent book list -- I may add a complete series at once, and when I'm looking for the next book, I have to go into each description to see the series order.

Thanks for all the work on this!
Old 01-12-2015, 09:41 PM   #1034
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
First of all, I am not familiar with webserver.... What I did was:

1) Run QuickPHP Webserver (I choose it for now because it is lightweight and no installation needed... If it is not good enough, please recommend something better but...please easy...)

2) Extract and copy COPS folder to the root folder of QuickPHP
3) Copy everything in the "example" file to the config file, and edit the path to Calibre database ($config['calibre_directory'] = 'F:\PortableApp\Calibre Portable\NQK Bookshelf\/'

4) try: http://localhost:5723/
it returns as follows
Code:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at F:\Data\Clouds\Dropboxs\checkconfig.php:3) in F:\Data\Clouds\Dropboxs\checkconfig.php on line 15
COPS Configuration Check

You've been redirected because COPS is not configured properly

Database error

Check if PHP version is correct

OK (5.3.8)

Check if GD is properly installed and loaded

Please install the php5-gd extension and make sure it's enabled

Check if Sqlite is properly installed and loaded

Please install the php5-sqlite extension and make sure it's enabled

Check if libxml is properly installed and loaded

OK

Check if Json is properly installed and loaded

OK

Check if mbstring is properly installed and loaded

Please install the php5-mbstring extension and make sure it's enabled

Check if intl is properly installed and loaded

Please install the php5-intl extension and make sure it's enabled

Check if Normalizer class is properly installed and loaded

Please make sure intl is enabled in your php.ini

Check if the rendering will be done on client side or server side

Server side rendering

Check if Calibre database path is not an URL

OK

Check if Calibre database file exists and is readable

OK

Check if Calibre database file can be opened with PHP

If the file is readable, check your php configuration. Exception detail : exception 'PDOException' with message 'could not find driver' in F:\Data\Clouds\Dropboxs\checkconfig.php:205 Stack trace: #0 F:\Data\Clouds\Dropboxs\checkconfig.php(205): PDO->__construct('sqlite:F:\Porta...') #1 {main}

Check if Calibre database file contains at least some of the needed tables

If the file is readable, check your php configuration. Exception detail : exception 'PDOException' with message 'could not find driver' in F:\Data\Clouds\Dropboxs\checkconfig.php:218 Stack trace: #0 F:\Data\Clouds\Dropboxs\checkconfig.php(218): PDO->__construct('sqlite:F:\Porta...') #1 {main}
And I would like to ask if I need to sync all files in COPS folder to dropbox? php server to dropbox? together with Calibre library.... I can't get it to work yet so I'm still a little bit confused

Last edited by nqk; 01-12-2015 at 09:55 PM.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 03:49 PM   #1035
mariosipad
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ki5ck View Post
Is there any way to:

(1) Split Series by first letter like Authors? I have a pretty large list of series.
+1 for this!

@vlad59
If you can find any room in your busy schedule this might actually be a very welcome addition to COPS

for COPS

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology