Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-04-2014, 04:26 PM   #1
mazdak
mazdak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Too many levels of symbolic links

I've been having an issue with my jailbroken Kindle 4 NT. I'm trying to install java, and I've downloading a package, extracted it, etc., and I'm stuck on symlinking the 'java' file in my package to /bin. I symlink it, but then when I try to run 'java' it says 'Too many levels of symbolic links.' I've ran ls -l on my symlink, and it just says that it leads to /mnt/us/jre/bin/java, which is where I've installed java. How can one symlink be too many levels? Any ideas?
mazdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:52 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdak View Post
I've been having an issue with my jailbroken Kindle 4 NT. I'm trying to install java, and I've downloading a package, extracted it, etc., and I'm stuck on symlinking the 'java' file in my package to /bin. I symlink it, but then when I try to run 'java' it says 'Too many levels of symbolic links.' I've ran ls -l on my symlink, and it just says that it leads to /mnt/us/jre/bin/java, which is where I've installed java. How can one symlink be too many levels? Any ideas?
Why?
Just add /mnt/us/jre/bin to your path variable.
As in:
export PATH=/mnt/us/jre/bin:$PATH
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle4, linux, ssh