Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-16-2010, 08:53 AM   #16
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
Thank You.
The book is up on my tbr list.
I downloaded from ookabooka site, since I don't bother to sign up at mobipocket (yet). Though the download process was kind of tricky. The book downloaded as "book.php", so I had to rename it to a proper name and redo the extension to .prc. It came up OK in Kindle4PC, so I think it'll be OK when transferring to my Kindle 3 as well.
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:00 PM   #17
William Campbell
Connoisseur
William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Many thanks. I will add that to my rapidly growing "to read" list
Thank you for your interest, sabredog. I look forward to rising up the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeridr View Post
Thank You.
The book is up on my tbr list.
I downloaded from ookabooka site, since I don't bother to sign up at mobipocket (yet). Though the download process was kind of tricky. The book downloaded as "book.php", so I had to rename it to a proper name and redo the extension to .prc. It came up OK in Kindle4PC, so I think it'll be OK when transferring to my Kindle 3 as well.
Thank you for your interest, Bikeridr, and thanks for posting that info. It may have mucked things up for others. It's odd that any site would assign a php extension to the actual download. Not unusual for a page where you might download, but not the actual file. Weird. After the comments so far, I may discuss some of it with Ooka Booka, see if I can help them out. We all have to start somewhere.

Anyway, enjoy the story. The second book is available and the third goes to my editor and to my cover artist the day after Thanksgiving. The last episode should hit the street by late January if all goes well.
William Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:29 AM   #18
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Thanks for the Smashwords coupon! It's definitely easier to get it that way (for me, at least!) than the other ways listed. I was going to skip it until I got to that post.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:28 AM   #19
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Campbell View Post
I am offering book 1 for free, from multiple sources, for a limited time.
Thanks! In my TBR folder.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:47 AM   #20
William Campbell
Connoisseur
William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!

Thank you for your interest, GraceKrispy and pdurrant.

Looks like Smashwords was the better choice. I've been there for some time, but thought I'd give the other site a try. I like seeing the "new guy" get a chance, and the downloads from Ooka Booka have been considerable. But yes, Smashwords makes it easier, better for you and me both.

GraceKrispy, I see you offer reviews, and those I see posted are thoughtful and intelligent, so of course I would love to see your opinion of my work posted along with the rest if you feel so inclined. Nice photography also, another of my areas of personal interest, though writing has left little time for recent pursuits into that passion. Perhaps again soon.

The second book in my trilogy has been out since June, so that's a candidate for review as well. Just let me know. The third and final episode goes to the editor next month. I'm shooting for a January release. If my unusual tale tickles your fancy, I may arrange to deliver an advance copy to you, provided you understand the final release may incorporate minor tweaks suggested by my editor. Send me a PM any time.

Thank you, everyone. I'm very pleased with the increasing interest in my work.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:21 PM   #21
William Campbell
Connoisseur

Just a reminder -- the Smashwords coupon code RE63Y expires tomorrow, 10/22. Thanks, everyone.

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8981
Old 10-22-2010, 10:23 AM   #22
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
William, thanks so much for making Awakening available on Smashwords. It's super easy to find, pay (or use a coupon), and download ebooks from there. Yes, sometimes their format converter (read: mangler) does a number on ebooks, but for the most part things go very well. I hope Smashwords turns out to be a good move for you. I just downloaded the book and I should be able to get to it sometime next week. Again, thanks for the free taster!
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:16 PM   #23
William Campbell
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
William, thanks so much for making Awakening available on Smashwords.
My pleasure, speedtouch. Smashwords does well enough once you learn to keep things simple with the input document. And recently, they have conquered the contents issue so now the titles have that feature (nice!). It's just that control factor, doing the files yourself, rather than via the meatgrinder. But I gotta say, it gets better every day.

For the reader, Smashwords definitely appears to the venue of choice around here.

Thanks, everyone. -W
Old 11-04-2010, 02:17 PM   #24
William Campbell
Connoisseur

Awakening is today's featured sponsor on Kindle Nation Daily.

http://bit.ly/8XTrnd

Drop by and have a look.

Formats other than Kindle are also available, from most every eBook outlet.

Thanks, everybody.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:44 PM   #25
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just finished this-- a fun, easy read with a matrix-y feel. I reviewed it on my blog. It will be interesting to see what happens next in the series....
Old 11-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #26
William Campbell
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I just finished this-- a fun, easy read with a matrix-y feel. I reviewed it on my blog. It will be interesting to see what happens next in the series....
Great review, Grace, thank you. And my first on Smashwords. At last! Thank you for that as well. I was starting to wonder if I'd ever get a review there.

I particularly like reviews like yours that are balanced -- the good and the bad. Gives more credibility to the work, unlike reviews that gush about the amazingly incredible story (yawn). It's just a book. Nice job with the honest assessment. I super appreciate that.

Also, I was pleased that you noticed my transition scheme with the dreams. It's always a joy when a reader remarks on something we consciously work toward. Since first-person lacks the third-person ploy of switching to another character, leaving the last one hanging, the dreams serve to attain a measure of that without violating the more restrictive perspective.

I'm glad you enjoyed the story and I'm sure you will enjoy the rest of the series. Book 2 is available and 3 is close to done. Off to my editor at month's end and looks like a January release (fingers crossed).

Thanks again, I really like the review. I will post a link elsewhere (Facebook, etc.) and point others to your blog URL.

Best regards, William
Old 11-09-2010, 12:07 AM   #27
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
I particularly like reviews like yours that are balanced -- the good and the bad. Gives more credibility to the work, unlike reviews that gush about the amazingly incredible story (yawn). It's just a book. Nice job with the honest assessment. I super appreciate that.

Also, I was pleased that you noticed my transition scheme with the dreams. It's always a joy when a reader remarks on something we consciously work toward. Since first-person lacks the third-person ploy of switching to another character, leaving the last one hanging, the dreams serve to attain a measure of that without violating the more restrictive perspective.

I'm glad you enjoyed the story and I'm sure you will enjoy the rest of the series. Book 2 is available and 3 is close to done. Off to my editor at month's end and looks like a January release (fingers crossed).

Thanks again, I really like the review. I will post a link elsewhere (Facebook, etc.) and point others to your blog URL.
Thanks for your kind words! I do appreciate the link back to my blog as well.

I really did think the dream transitions were well done and very effective. It certainly pulled me right along and kept my interest (I especially liked the one where he was in a dream, inside another dream). I *am* eager to see what happens next, and hope to read the second book sometime soon.

Your feedback is much appreciated! I hope this sparks the interest of others who will enjoy your book as well.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:56 AM   #28
William Campbell
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I really did think the dream transitions were well done and very effective. It certainly pulled me right along and kept my interest (I especially liked the one where he was in a dream, inside another dream).
Thank you, Grace, for the kind words. I am proud of my use of dreams, often criticized in fiction, but I attribute that to the typical execution, "recalling" a dream rather than living it with the character as I have aimed to accomplish. The dreams also serve to foreshadow events to come. Dreams in fiction can be a playground of allegory.

About the dream within a dream -- I was thrilled when Inception came out. Paranormal authors have the popularity of Twilight, etc., helping the genre along. At last, a popular movie having to do with dreams! And like my adventure, some of that dream inside a dream mind-candy. You will like the coming episodes.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:23 PM   #29
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
this sounds like a really fun read. I just bought the Kindle version...thanks for the great deal and I look forward to reading it. The premise of books like this can result in some interesting looks at society and people in general. Generally I find them pretty engrossing. Again thanks so much!
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:14 PM   #30
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
About the dream within a dream -- I was thrilled when Inception came out. Paranormal authors have the popularity of Twilight, etc., helping the genre along. At last, a popular movie having to do with dreams! And like my adventure, some of that dream inside a dream mind-candy. You will like the coming episodes.
I loved that movie- found it very fascinating. Dreams are fascinating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
this sounds like a really fun read. I just bought the Kindle version...thanks for the great deal and I look forward to reading it. The premise of books like this can result in some interesting looks at society and people in general. Generally I find them pretty engrossing. Again thanks so much!
Happy reading

Tags
adventure, past lives, reincarnation, sci-fi, space opera