Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-23-2010, 11:31 AM   #1
cherublace
cherublace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cherublace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cherublace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cherublace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cherublace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cherublace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cherublace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cherublace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cherublace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cherublace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cherublace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-600
"USB Device Not Recognize"

I tried to connect PRS 600 today and got the above message. tried to connect husband's reader (same model) connects fine. my reader does connect to another computer so don't think its a reader issue but computer issue. anyone have this happen?
cherublace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
yes, there was a period of time when the computer would *not* recognize my reader. Sometimes Iʻd put it into another usb port on the same computer, and it would recognize it. Then, the problem stopped. I wish I could tell you what I did differently, but I really donʻt know. The computer is mainly used by my husband and perhaps he did something differently along the way... ? All I can tell you is that the problem stopped and I havenʻt had it since. And I really donʻt know why.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2010, 08:23 PM   #3
cherublace
cherublace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cherublace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cherublace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cherublace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cherublace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cherublace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cherublace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cherublace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cherublace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cherublace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cherublace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i have been out of town sorry for the delay in responding. thanks for your response. i have heard of this spontaneously fixing itself and apparently it is a big problem if you check the many tech pages out there. i will continue to try to solve the problem as i really want to be able to load directly to reader rather than memory card. if i get it taken care of i will post the fix.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:47 PM   #4
alfredopp
alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: none
Just push the reset button on the bottom of your reader. That should do it
alfredopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:31 AM   #5
cherublace

if i reset will i lose my loaded books?? not a huge deal i can reload them but i would then wait a few days to try this because i don't have time now to reload all my books. thanks for you advice.
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 12:58 PM   #6
alfredopp
alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.alfredopp is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: none
You will not lose any books. You may only lose the page were you left on on your last books but other than you dont lose anything dont worry
alfredopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:33 PM   #7
sunnysmiles
Addict
sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I pad air, kindle pw2 and kindle touch , kindle had fire Nook pad nook
I have had that same message today how do I fix it . Im using windows Home premium 7 32 bit .Im a bit cheesed of.
sunnysmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:14 PM   #8
cherublace

Alfredopp: Bravo!! I finally really needed to load some new books so i reset the reader and Voila! the device was recognized. Thanks.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #9
mikij
Connoisseur
mikij doesn't littermikij doesn't litter

Device: PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredopp View Post
Just push the reset button on the bottom of your reader. That should do it
I did it and it worked!
mikij is offline   Reply With Quote