Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-04-2013, 07:23 AM   #1
Shardancalibre
Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: kobo glo
Shelves on kobo glo

Hello everybody. I've been reading with kobo glo for 2 or 3 weeks by now. I've bumped into some problems that I hope will be sorted out with the next upgrades.
My today's doubt is: can I move one book from a shelf to another?
I mean, I don't want it to appear in both shelves, I just want it to pass from a group (let's call it "reading") to another, let's call it "completed books". I tried. the book was present in both shelves, when I eliminated it from the shelf I didn't want it to be in, the book vanished completely (from the e-reader).
Can I handle the shelves like I'd like or no?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

(I've already posted this on another thread but since it was off topic I'm opening this new thread, I've already searched for a similar one, but couldn't find it...so I hope I'm doing everything by the book).
Shardancalibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Do not post OT in other threads.

That other post has been deleted.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
Shardancalibre
Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.

You have that rare ability of stating the ovbious Dr. Drib. Thanks for telling me that the off topic post I had already apologized for was canceled. And thanks for telling me that I don't have to post off topic posts. Now that I know what I already knew, I won't.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
A book can be on multiple shelves; to remove a book from a shelf go the the shelf view and tap on the 3 bars to the far right of the shelf name and select the Edit option. You will see the books on the shelves along with a little check mark on the rigth hand side. Tap the check mark to clear it and then clik SAVE at the bottom of the screen.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #5
joiwind
joiwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joiwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joiwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joiwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joiwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joiwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joiwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joiwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joiwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joiwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joiwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardancalibre View Post
When you say : ... the book was present in both shelves, when I eliminated it from the shelf I didn't want it to be in, the book vanished completely (from the e-reader).
do you mean you just unchecked the book from one shelf and left it checked on the other or did you delete it from a shelf ? If the latter then it's effectively gone from your eReader.

If the former then I don't understand
joiwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #6
Shardancalibre

Thanks Peter, that's what I wanted to know. Perfect.
Yep joinwind the latter, but that's not a problem any longer.