Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #31
maranium
maranium began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Mini
I too need a copy of the SD card image. I downgraded the firmware and then it froze, and after calling Kobo discovered there is no way to externally hard reset the device, unlike previous ereaders
maranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #32
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by maranium View Post
I too need a copy of the SD card image. I downgraded the firmware and then it froze, and after calling Kobo discovered there is no way to externally hard reset the device, unlike previous ereaders
I read somewhere that one has to remove the back of the mini in order to access the reset button, and that the factory reset is achieved by pressing the reset button while holding the power switch.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #33
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I read somewhere that one has to remove the back of the mini in order to access the reset button, and that the factory reset is achieved by pressing the reset button while holding the power switch.
yes, there is a reset button, which you can try on its own, too.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #34
Keroberos
Zealot
Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini (4GB), Nook Classic wi-fi, iPod Touch (Bluefire Reader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slate View Post
I just opened up a mini today and what did I find? A stock 4GB Sandisk with 1.9GB of unallocated space. You may have some hidden treasures in yours too.
Found a 4GB in my Mini too. Resized it for a free upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slate View Post
Gotta love factory shortages.
I wouldn't be surprised if all the Kobo ereaders with 2GB of storage now have 4GB SDHC cards in them. With the prices of low capacity flash storage so low it might be cheaper for them to only purchase one size for use in all hardware (bigger volume discount).
Keroberos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #35
freightgod
freightgod began at the beginning.

Device: Nook mini
Question

Mine has the 4 Gb card as well. I would love to resize the partition to take advantage of any unallocated space. However in Win 7, although the OS sees the card as a "Removable Disk" Explorer tells me to Please Insert A Disk when I try to look at its contents. Is it possible for me to work with this card in Win 7? Thanks for any replies.
freightgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #36
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightgod View Post
Mine has the 4 Gb card as well. I would love to resize the partition to take advantage of any unallocated space. However in Win 7, although the OS sees the card as a "Removable Disk" Explorer tells me to Please Insert A Disk when I try to look at its contents. Is it possible for me to work with this card in Win 7? Thanks for any replies.
The card has multiple partitions and Windows is trying to mount the first partition which is a Linux ext3 partition. As you noted, it doesn't work with stock Windows.

Take a look for Minitools' Partition Wizard Home Edition. It will let you see the three partitions and does a nice job of extending the FAT32 partition. While you have the card out, I'd suggest making an image copy of it for future reference. You can also write that image to a larger uSD card and extend the FAT32 partition on that to gain more space if you need it in the future.

Check the Memory Mod Upgrade thread in this forum (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209122) for more information on the tools and procedures.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:09 AM   #37
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Just opened up my black Mini, and there was a 4gb card in it! I cloned it and am writing the image to a 16gb card. Then I will resize and install it, hope it works

Worked GREAT. How exciting to have a little bitty eink reader with 16gb memory internal! I'll have to do my white mini, too.

ETA SO psyched! Opened up my white Mini, and it too had a 4gb card. I simply used Mini Tool Partition wizard and extended the space. Now I have a 4gb Mini! Love it!

Last edited by booklover6; 05-26-2014 at 03:12 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:59 PM   #38
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Nice to hear! Now I am curious to open up mine! Would be great to have more than 2GB's, particularly now with Pocket.
teija is offline   Reply With Quote