Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-13-2014, 11:21 AM   #1
scoky
Connoisseur
scoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; KOBO AURA HD
kepub reading position issue

Hi, I have modified my epubs to .kepub.epub to get more features. However, there are something wrong with reading history position. It can remember last reading page and always start at the first page of that chapter.
I have tried Kobo Touch Extended Driver to process epubs and the issue is the same.
Can this issue be solved? Thanks.
scoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:22 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I assume the first attempt was simply changing the file name. This triggers the use of the kepub reader, but it isn't enough for the reading position to work. For this, code in the book must include markers that the kepub reader can use for the positions. These are in the form of spans that wrap each sentence in the book. The main purpose of the extended driver is to add these to the epubs and then send them as epubs.

One possible reason is that you didn't remove the original versions. If they had the same file names, the device won't reprocess them and update the internal database with the latest version of the TOC.

Otherwise, it usually means there is an error in the book that prevents the extended driver from adding the spans correctly. I would suggest looking in the extended drivers thread in case there is a suggestion or you can report it there to discuss.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2014, 05:28 AM   #3
MissMaple
MissMaple began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I actually have the same issue on my Glo... But only if it goes to sleep-mode automatically... If I put it in sleep-mode myself, it remembers the correct page....
MissMaple is offline   Reply With Quote