Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #61
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
There's something to be said for a horse who knows his way home while you sleep in that buggy -- or, on a nice smooth road, read.

And with apologies to any type designer on the board, if the only fonts I could use were the ones common in horse and buggy days, my life would still be as rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
You do realize how stodgy that sounds?
This is a compliment, right?
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:26 AM   #62
The CB
Enthusiast
The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony PRS505
Looks good and option of choosing publishers font is really fancy. But after conversion from epub with calibre or kindlegen, progress bar displays only one level of headings so navigating with nav. buttons through book is limited to only first level while on Kindle Previewer for KF and KT device looks ok. Other levels are displayed in TOC.

Last edited by The CB; 09-13-2012 at 06:23 AM.
The CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2012, 06:00 AM   #63
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Thanks for letting me know.
Had a problem at first. Only loaded about 9.5M instead of 19.5M and no error warning. Finally figured it out. It would be nice if they told you what you were expected to download (size).
Looks nice so far, but little time these days to just check stuff out.

That did remind me to go back and check my Samsung Galaxy 7Plus which I had to steal from the boss lady to do. It loaded a couple of hundred M right off, and did just fine.

I noticed that the app button no longer says "internet browser" for browser, but says Internet. On that button you get Google. which will work out but does anyone know what browser is being used?

(I know you can download a specific browser, but I am just curious.)

The revision number isn't 4.1 but is 4.04

I like the sketch gadget. Quick for a note.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:53 AM   #64
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
4.0.4 is still the Android browser, from 4.1 it will be Chrome, no more Flash.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:41 AM   #65
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
Good news.

I'm away from home for a few days but don't have my cable, damn!

Theres no way to get this update over wifi is there?
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #66
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonbible View Post
Good news.

I believe that Amazon will update your Kindle over wifi/whispernet eventually.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #67
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW
The fonts look a bit better than before. I'm glad for any improvement to hold me over. I'm really dying to replace my K3 with either the new glowlight Kindle or the Kobo Glo, both of which have higher resolution screens. I know what the boss will say though: "You already have an ereader"...and she is absolutey right.

Woould it have killed Amazon to provide another font or two, and the much-clamored-for subfolders? Still, this is a nice update.
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #68
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I'd like the glow light, but as long as I can't use Calibre's Kindle Collections Manager on the touch versions, I'm sticking with my k3.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #69
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I'd like the glow light, but as long as I can't use Calibre's Kindle Collections Manager on the touch versions, I'm sticking with my k3.
Amen Becca - I totally agree with you on this. I LOVE the Kindle Collections functionality created by the very talented folks that work with Calibre. I REFUSE to give this up.

As a matter of fact, I just purchased a used Kindle from someone 3G+WiFi Kindle Keyboard, 1 yr old for $90.00 so I will have a back-up Kindle. Yes, I am aware that I have a problem. Just trying to cover the bases.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #70
khromov
Connoisseur
khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
If you have previously installed the Kindle Jailbreak (0.10N) & Custom screen saver hack, do you need remove them before updating?
khromov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #71
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I updated last night and text does look darker and the pages turn quicker. If on home page and I press the font button I can change orienation while if in a book I can change fonts.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:59 AM   #72
readingaloud
Enthusiast
readingaloud is on a distinguished road

Device: iRex iLiad; Sony Reader; Amazon Kindle
Maybe I'm imagining this, but the new system seems to use a bit more of the page than the old one. I've noticed that now I often get a line of text that seems, for my taste, too close to the progress bar--I think a bit of white space at the foot of the virtual page looks better.
readingaloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:53 AM   #73
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Amen Becca - I totally agree with you on this. I LOVE the Kindle Collections functionality created by the very talented folks that work with Calibre. I REFUSE to give this up.

As a matter of fact, I just purchased a used Kindle from someone 3G+WiFi Kindle Keyboard, 1 yr old for $90.00 so I will have a back-up Kindle. Yes, I am aware that I have a problem. Just trying to cover the bases.
No problem in my book. I love that machine. My first reader, and so far my only "real" reader. I might get a back up too. Have to look around.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:59 AM   #74
SeaKing
Frequent Flier

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonbible
Good news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I believe that Amazon will update your Kindle over wifi/whispernet eventually.
Is there a technical reason for that?
Old 09-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #75
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Is there a technical reason for that?
Sorry, what is it you're asking? Why Amazon push out firmware updates?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote