Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-18-2012, 05:02 AM   #1
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Where are downloaded items stored on a NT?

I know my downloaded content is "always" available through my online account on the Barnes & Noble servers, at least until it isn't. I know there have been times where items have disappeared for various reasons. I would like to backup my purchased items but I'm not really certain where books and magazines that I've purchased on my NT are stored. I've searched and haven't had a lot of luck finding any "epubs" anywhere on my device. Will someone inform me of the directory(s) that these items are typically stored in?

Thanks in advance.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfollowell View Post
I know my downloaded content is "always" available through my online account on the Barnes & Noble servers, at least until it isn't. I know there have been times where items have disappeared for various reasons. I would like to backup my purchased items but I'm not really certain where books and magazines that I've purchased on my NT are stored. I've searched and haven't had a lot of luck finding any "epubs" anywhere on my device. Will someone inform me of the directory(s) that these items are typically stored in?

Thanks in advance.

- Byron
B&N content is stored in a hidden partion on the NT. You cannot access the B&N contect to make a backup. To make a backup of your books install Nook for PC on your PC, and download your books that way. Copy the downloaded books to another folder as a backup.
There is no way (at least not without rooting) to make a backup of content that is not supported by Nook for PC.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Another option is to download your items from the browser, just log on your B&N account, go to your library and download your books to your PC.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #4
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Actually, I was able to find the files easily enough on the root of my NT. Still, it would probably be much easier to download the files using the Nook reader software and copy them from there as you suggested.

Thanks for the replies.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote