Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 07-20-2011, 02:09 AM   #1
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
Validation Error

Ok guys...This is the first time I've seem this error...

I know what it says....But I just don't know what it means or where it could be coming from.

File is called text.epub

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:37 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Oh, nice one. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the filename 'text.epub' is hard-coded to test this situation. Have you run the file through FlightCrew? Also, try renaming it to 'text1.epub'. I think it will work then...

Nope, that's not it. I uploaded a 'text.epub' and it validated without problems. Tried renaming the file? Is there a file in the container with a 'special' character in the name? Perhaps a hidden Apple name/file?

Last edited by Toxaris; 07-20-2011 at 02:40 AM.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2011, 02:47 AM   #3
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Yeah, I've tried renaming it, I've checked all internal file names, I've compressed it to epub etc... I'm lost as to what it could be. I'll check the filename again in the morning when I'm back in the office. maybe one of them has an space in the beginning...
Old 07-21-2011, 12:06 AM   #4
Adjust
Addict

Ok it seems that the website had a meltdown...I ran it through this morning and got back the usual validation errors...It's now been fixed and validates... That was odd