Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-15-2011, 08:20 AM   #1
soparch
Enthusiast
soparch began at the beginning.

Device: none
Validation error

I have just validated a book with threepress online using epubcheck and it came back with a list of errors but they are all the same error saying that "value of attribute "name" is invalid; must be an XML NMTOKEN"
I cannot see how I have named the files wrong but obviously I have made the same mistake for each file because it is the same error. I have enclosed a text file of the list. When I validate using Sigil's flightcheck there are no problems. Can anyone help.
Thanks
Soparch
Attached Files
File Type: txt error_list.txt (5.3 KB, 217 views)
soparch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:09 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
It's not the name of the file, but the value of some "name" attribute used inside the file.

First, you should not use "name" for anchors, but "id".
Second, the value can only contain some characters and must start with a letter. The files probably have something like name="12", change it to id="sec12" or similar and it should work (and you should change all references to #12 into #sec12, of course)
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
soparch
Enthusiast
soparch began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks Jelby,
It was something along those lines. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It is much appreciated.
Soparch
soparch is offline   Reply With Quote