Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
aluraread
aluraread began at the beginning.

Device: aluratek libre
Is anyone aware of photo teardown

of the aluratek libre? searched and searched, can't find any, much appreciation if you can help.
mark
aluraread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
I believe there was one for the Jetbook, since they are the same hardware it should do for you. Let me look for it.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51971
This one where he dyed the plastic blue.

And this one has some very good high res shots.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66172
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2011, 09:57 PM   #3
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
These aren't very good, but a while ago I took mine apart. I was unable to get past the foil stuff covering the main board.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9779.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	751.5 KB
ID:	67080   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9780.JPG
Views:	381
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	67081   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9781.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	729.8 KB
ID:	67082   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9782.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	719.0 KB
ID:	67083   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9783.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	695.5 KB
ID:	67084   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9784.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	658.1 KB
ID:	67085  
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
They come apart easily. Not much to find from a user's point of view. Not much for a
"modder" either. The screen looks to be replaceable, though.

Just keep track of where each screw goes, they are not all the same length and it matters in a couple of places.

Luck;
Ken

P.S.; You can see a little more with the JBL, your internal battery looks to be
covering more than the battery case does.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 02-21-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:06 AM   #5
k9reeder
Groupie
k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Galaxy Tab S2, PW3(7th) Kobo H2O (1st), Forma
Thanks, MR. Pockets, for the look inside. Does anyone know if an ALPro replacement battery can be easily found (a standard battery of some kind?) and also is it easily installable?

I'm asking for future reference only. It just bugs me that manufacturers this century seem to be getting away with producing devices intended to be thrown away, by design.
k9reeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2011, 07:44 AM   #6
aluraread
aluraread began at the beginning.

Device: aluratek libre
Thsnkd for the fotos and info

Appreciate the pics, Ghosthawk, Mr. Pockets, and info Ken
wow, thought the libre had a 400 mhz processor, a dragonball jeez that's 1990s
guess they got some FAT margins on the libre and JB, it works, so I guess that's the main thing. Yeah, that throwaway design IS irritating, good thing the processor is so slow, if it generated any heat with that battery covering the system board there'd be trouble. Thanks, Mark
aluraread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:09 AM   #7
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
I have seen batteries on ebay for about $30, and yes, the battery is easy to pull out. (And put back in.)
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote