Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #16
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
Thanks Neil, email just sent.

btw I've been to Menton once, on a Europe backpacking trip back in 2003. I arrived on a Sunday afternoon so buses were scarce and of course as a backpacker I was too cheap to take a taxi. I knew the hostel was on the plateau, but the map outside the train station showed what looked like a short flight of steps so off I went. From the bottom of the steps I could see a couple of flights and it didn't look too bad - of course once I'd reached the top of those first two levels I could see the rest of them stretching out before me! Nevertheless I soldiered on and eventually made it all the way to the top! The people at the hostel were wonderful and being February, there were hardly any other guests, so I managed a room to myself. Lovely place!
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:50 PM   #17
Lars_G
Crazy but usseable.
Lars_G began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Nexus One
Btw. Mr. Marr, I sent my email yesterday, and resent it today just in case.

*bows*
Lars_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2011, 02:55 PM   #18
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Hya Lars: Eventually got your email and the ebooks should be with you now (with a couple of bonus books and a rambling letter). Can't think why your original email went adrift. Sorry about that.

Jehane: Yup, it's a long trudge from the Old Town to the St Michelle ... but very much worthwhile, eh? You should visit in August when there are orchestral concerts up there every night. I pity the chaps with double-basses to carry. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Just a pity we didn't know each other at the time or we could have raised a glass of cheer or two together.

Best wishes, folks. Neil -- and keep those ebook requests coming ... hard slog, but a lot of fun to send them out.
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:11 PM   #19
Zuly1201
Zuly1201 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Samsung Tablet, Kindle
This is awesome!!! Sent my email this morning and received my books right away, thanks so much Neil and Tony!!
Zuly1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:20 PM   #20
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
I'm still trying to make up my mind which books I 'd like!
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2011, 10:06 PM   #21
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
I'm still trying to make up my mind which books I 'd like!
I know what you mean! I spent at least two hours on the site trying to make up my mind.

I finally decided, sent my email and Tony just sent me my books less than ten minutes later. Amazing. This is a very generous thing for BeWrite to do for us.

Thank you Neil and Tony!
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:58 PM   #22
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wouldn't you know it, I've finally decided and my (web based)email's gone down. AARRGGG!!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:16 AM   #23
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just holler whenever you can, Anne. I have your email address from earlier correspondence, so if it helps, PM me here at MR with the titles and format you want and I'll send them over. Would that work or can you not even get incoming mail? Good luck. Look forward to hearing from you. Neil
Old 02-24-2011, 09:10 AM   #24
amward
Wizard

Thanks Neil, all ok now and I have just sent off my email. Hope it all goes through.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:14 AM   #25
caheaton
Enthusiast
caheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo & Kindle apps (PC, Android), Aura HD, Kindle Touch
Thank you Neil, for my 2 books plus the extra bonus! It's very much appreciated.
Craig
caheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #26
GMFuller
Connoisseur
GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I'd like to thank you as well, Neil, for the extra book (new one by Brian Kavanagh) you sent me!
GMFuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:19 PM   #27
neilmarr
neilmarr

You're all much more than merely welcome, folks (and you should have your books by now, Anne, or at least when you wake up in the morning and open your emails). We're all pioneers together in this. It's all about promoting and ecouraging the ebook concept itself.

Thanks, by the way, to everyone who's responding before the 'official' start of RAEBW. I can see that being a period of 24-hours-a-day hard slog to keep up, so it's a great help to meet requests from pals here at Mobile Read early to lighten the load a tad during the week itself.

So far, the response has been quite amazing ... and darned encouraging. All authors and indie publishers stand to gain by the general spreading of the word. Your support is warmly appreciated. As is that of our own authors, who are solidly behind this wee move.

Thanks again and best wishes ... and the offer stands until March 13 to give all time zones a fair crack o' the whip. After that, I guess we'll accept even lame excuses for lateness. Promise you, though, we'll not leave anyone out. There are no strings attached.

If you think an email to us has gone astray at the RAEBW@bewrite.net address, please feel free to drop me a line direct to my own address ntmarrATbewrite.net (use the @ sign of course). But so far the specific RAEBW-specific address seems to be working well. Partner Tony and I are nine-hours apart as the clock flies, so we're sharing the job pretty well 24x7.

Hoots. Neil, Tony, House Team and authors

PS: And special thanks to the the organisers of RAEBW itself, who've invited us as partners this year. Also to Kovid and Krittika Goyal at Calibre and their new 'Open Book' list of DRM-resisting publishers, where we're so well profiled. And, of course, to MobileRead itself for its continued concessions to my occasional wee promo ideas. RAEBW, Calibre and MR are now permanent live links from our bookstore and blog in appreciation and not a little admiration. N
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drm_free_grey.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	67282  

Last edited by neilmarr; 02-24-2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: to add PS
Old 02-24-2011, 01:21 PM   #28
neilmarr
neilmarr

CALLING MARYANN AT A COMCOST.NET ADDRESS!!!

Hope you get this post, Maryann. I emailed four free BB ebooks to you yesterday (Feb 23) and have just had a note from my postmaster to say that my email was blocked by your spam filter.

I have re-sent the ebooks from my personal email account, but if you don't see them immediately, please check your spam folder and clear the @bewrite.net addresses as 'safe' or drop me a line on ntmarrATbewrite.net (use the @ sign, of course) so that we can work out some way of getting them to you.

Best wishes. Neil
Old 02-24-2011, 01:56 PM   #29
neilmarr
neilmarr

Terribly sorry, MaryAnn, but my second attempt failed, too. And a simple note to you with no attachments from all my email accounts also just bounced. I can't find your username here at MobileRead, so I can only hope that you spot this post or that someone here knows you and can contact you to get in touch with me at ntmarrATbewrite.net (use the @ sign, of cours) to find a way around the hitch. Seems to me that either your mailbox is full or that your spam filter is a tad on the over-enthusiastic side. Please do check when you have a spare moment. Sorry. Trying my best. We really do want to get those ebooks through to you. We've sent out well over a hundred to MR members in the past couple of days and this is the first glitch we've encountered. Bestests. Neil
Old 02-24-2011, 03:22 PM   #30
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
Neil fantastic offer with a load of interesting books to choose from

A big

Mike
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote