Notices

Old 06-21-2016, 01:11 PM   #1
Alda
Zealot
Alda began at the beginning.

Device: none
An error occurred while parsing the CSS & one other

Hello,

I uploaded an ebook to Smashwords' premium catalog, which initially passed, but then came back with the following errors:

File: [OEBPS/Text/cover.xhtml], Line: [12] Position: [48]
Issue: [An error occurred while parsing the CSS: Token '{' not allowed here, expecting :.]

and

• Warnings reported are/is:
File: [./tmp/uploads/1466112786706_0000297953/inputFile/the-little-book-of-icelandic.epub/OEBPS/Images/The Little Book of Icelandic.jpg(-1,-1)], Line: [-] Position: [-]
Issue: [Filename contains spaces, therefore URI escaping is necessary. Consider removing spaces from filename.]

-- Can anyone help me decipher these messages? I haven't a clue what this is about.

Thank you!

Alda
Alda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:18 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
These are not really Sigil questions, but regardless ... they're pretty hard to answer without seeing the code from those sections affected.

The first one (which is the only error) appears to be a syntax error of some kind in the css included in 'cover.xhtml'.

The other is just a warning about spaces in your image's file name. The warning doesn't appear to be fatal, but I'd probably follow the advice and rename the image without spaces.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:20 PM   #3
Alda
Zealot
Alda began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks DiapDealer. I figured out about five minutes after I posted this question that this likely had to do with the name of the cover. I deleted it, and uploaded a new cover without spaces in the name. That did the trick.
Alda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:44 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alda View Post
Hello,

I uploaded an ebook to Smashwords' premium catalog, which initially passed, but then came back with the following errors:

File: [OEBPS/Text/cover.xhtml], Line: [12] Position: [48]
Issue: [An error occurred while parsing the CSS: Token '{' not allowed here, expecting :.]

and

• Warnings reported are/is:
File: [./tmp/uploads/1466112786706_0000297953/inputFile/the-little-book-of-icelandic.epub/OEBPS/Images/The Little Book of Icelandic.jpg(-1,-1)], Line: [-] Position: [-]
Issue: [Filename contains spaces, therefore URI escaping is necessary. Consider removing spaces from filename.]

-- Can anyone help me decipher these messages? I haven't a clue what this is about.

Thank you!

Alda
Best practice: Don't use spaces in filenames (inside book)

Use a _ or dash if you want it human readable (the book could care less, as long as it is unique and correct)

BTW that looks like you cover image file. Right click on it: rename <new name>, Sigil will make all adjustments
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
errors, parsing the css, premium catalog, smashwords