Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #21601
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I have the world's greatest TRUE STORY to tell about the testing procedure, but can't, because—if not actually violating our family-friendly/work-safe rules—it most certainly comes right up to the line.

Of course, if anyone's interested, I don't suppose a PM would be out-of-bounds.
I'll tell you mine if you'll tell me yours... No bout adoubt it, mine WOULD violate the family safe zone!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #21602
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Well it wasn't my experience, but it was a true story, or at least was claimed to be such by those who related it. PM sent.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #21603
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
@ Stitch & Tom: feel PMd by me
Apart from being a curious having no false shame taboos about exchange of info on what I believe to be a natural topic - I tought about getting the treatment and know no one who did it. Thus am interested about the pre-, itself and aftermath of the procedure. Sharing of expetiences is thankfully appreciated.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:35 PM   #21604
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
Apart from being a curious having no false shame taboos about exchange of info on what I believe to be a natural topic - I tought about getting the treatment and know no one who did it. Thus am interested about the pre-, itself and aftermath of the procedure. Sharing of expetiences is thankfully appreciated.
You got it!

And Stitch—I showed you mine, now you have to show me yours.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #21605
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
jumps on the PM wagon! (pleeeease!)
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #21606
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkobo View Post
Hey!
Can we have some real ranting and venting in this here Rant and Vent Thread?!?

There have been at least 3-4 posts with no ranting or venting whatsoever!
This makes me verrrry angrrrrrry!!!!!

Can't a man get his portion of (other people's) ranting in peace? What's with all the nostalgia and the biscuits? I'm sure these can go in the "I vote Bambi for President" thread (I'm sure there must be one).

Please keep this thread for the good social purpose for which it was made! I want to see anger! I want to see bitterness! I want to see rage!
Aaargghhh! B^&***!"£LF**k :furious3 :

Phew... now that's better... how about some biscuits?
[RANT] Any body who would call ginger snaps pepernoten or kruidnoten or speculaas must be... why they must be...

Spoiler:
DUTCH!!
[/RANT]
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #21607
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Nah. The closest thing they had to an infestation of granddaddy long leg spiders was a plague of gnats (Ex. 8:12–15), or some kind of biting bug. The Hebrew isn't clear to modern readers. I've never known anyone to be bitten by one of those spiders. They're so flimsy, clumsy, and stupid that I wonder how they manage to survive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Actually they can bite .... don't make me remember it ....
Myth: Are Daddy Longlegs Really Deadly?
Finding: BUSTED
Old 12-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #21608
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Of course the operation didn't really 'neuter' me. It took 40 years of marriage to do that!

To my darling wife: You know I'm joking, baby! Love you! All the muches in the world!

Amazingly, I hardly felt any discomfort at all those first two days, but the third made up for it in spades. I really paid the price for acting as if I were Superman those first two days. Had I known then what I know now, I would have scheduled a week off work and stayed in bed the whole time; pain or no pain.
I have been thinking about a vasectomy for a number of years now. Worry about that has always kept me procrastinating. Was it because of an infection that it became so painful, or just something that normally happens?

Quote:
I have the world's greatest TRUE STORY to tell about the testing procedure, but can't, because—if not actually violating our family-friendly/work-safe rules—it most certainly comes right up to the line.

Of course, if anyone's interested, I don't suppose a PM would be out-of-bounds.
I'd would also like to hear the story. I have a story on the same topic that the real estate agent I used for buying the home I lived in while in Portland, Oregon told me.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #21609
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You got it!

And Stitch—I showed you mine, now you have to show me yours.
Tom, PM sent. But now I see that a few others would like to see it too, but I can't bring up a copy of what I wrote. Please be so kind as to forward my message to those who have requested it. We're all adults here (sort of.) Thanks.

Stitchawl
Old 12-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #21610
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
I have been thinking about a vasectomy for a number of years now. Worry about that has always kept me procrastinating. Was it because of an infection that it became so painful, or just something that normally happens?
I think what happened to my friend was the exception rather than the norm. He got some sort of infection, which caused his problems. That can happen with Root Canal dentistry, getting a tattoo, or from an ingrown toenail. It's just in a more sensitive location.

The procedure itself took less than 20 minutes (minus the area shaving and local anesthetic.) Frankly, for me, it was less painful than most dentistry I've had, just a LOT more scary. The actual incisions (yes, there are two; one on each side,) are no more than about 1/2" long, if that much, and for 'me,' was the only area that remained a bit tender after the initial few days healing. That disappeared after a month or so. For a couple of days you won't want to bounce around... no trampolines, no ski jumping, etc., but if you move slowly and carefully, there really isn't any problem. As I said, the FEAR of the procedure was far worse than the actuality. I mean... there is this person coming towards your most delicate gear with a needle. (For those of you who were in the Military, remember the stories in Basic Training about the 'square needle?') Well, even for a wuss like me, I didn't even cry once...

But the very biggest discomfort, without a doubt, was after 3-4 days when those damned little hairs started growing back and stabbing me every time I moved. That lasted 2-3 days until they were long enough to bend over rather than jab.

As for the aftermath, unless you use a microscope, there is NO WAY to tell if a person has had the procedure done. None.

If you are certain that you never want any more kids, and you want to free your significant other from taking chemical contraceptives, or worry that mechanical ones might malfunction, it's a good move. It's highly doubtful that you will be the one in several thousand who has complications.

Stitchawl
Old 12-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #21611
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
snip (For those of you who were in the Military, remember the stories in Basic Training about the 'square needle?') doublesnip

Stitchawl
What? Do you mean to say the DON'T use square needles? To think I fainted for no reason!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #21612
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Ack on hair regrowth. Real PITA. Never understood why women do that to themselves; but - hey there's a whole catalogue of other things they endure voluntarily I don't understand the reasons for.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #21613
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Ack on hair regrowth. Real PITA. Never understood why women do that to themselves; but - hey there's a whole catalogue of other things they endure voluntarily I don't understand the reasons for.
I wish all the men that have a hissy fit over; "what do you MEAN you won't shave for me!?" should have to go through an episode of regrowth before having that particular little tantrum
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #21614
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I'll bet that should be spelled wiiiiiiiiiiide stride.... *

Did you guys get a signed paper on the Doctor's stationary stating that the procedure was performed? The surgeon gave me one of his prescription forms with the statement on it. *But then, I was a bachelor when I had mine done. I wonder if he thought I might need it in case of some future paternity suit?

Stitchawl
There was paperwork, the same as there is for any day surgery, which generally gets tossed out. I didn't get a diploma if that's what you're talking about.

I might make my own. Let's see now.*

This award certifies that Wannabee may now walk the wide stride of pride.
A little logo featuring scissors, tadpoles and a bunch of grapes might be appropriate.

Ooh! I almost forgot. I could use a laugh at another's expense so please PM the stories to me also when you get a chance if you don't mind.

Last edited by wannabee; 12-12-2012 at 07:44 AM. Reason: I want the funny stories
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #21615
Corkobo
Zealot
Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
What? Do you mean to say the DON'T use square needles? To think I fainted for no reason!
Hey, what square needles are those? I've never heard of this.
Corkobo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness