Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
Ambermonk
Enthusiast
Ambermonk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2, Kindle3, Fire HD6, Fire HD8
Catalog Function Fails With Memory Error

The last 4 times that I have tried to generate a catalog, the function has crashed with a memory error. I am using version 6.44 and am trying to catalog 349 items.
Ambermonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
See the first post in this thread for a checklist of possible problems; if that doesn't resolve the problem, follow the directions to post a bug report.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
Ambermonk
Enthusiast

Thanks for your reply GRiker. On my 5th attempt the catalog function was successful.

On the original failed log notes I noticed the following things...
1. There were 3 or 4 warnings about different author sorts (I corrected these),
2. There were 3 parsing errors,
3. At the very end there was another error (but I don't recall the details),
4. The last note was the memory error.

On the 5th attempt, I tried generating the catalog without the Kindle attached, and I had previously corrected the Author Sort warnings. This attempt was successful! After connecting the Kindle, the new catalog was automatically uploaded to the Kindle.

What can I say? I don't know what caused the memory error, and I don't know what effect my actions had on resolving it. Since the catalog creation was finally successful, I'll refrain from starting a bug report. Hope this info will help you guys in the future. Thanks again for your support.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:56 AM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
@Ambermonk: Without the build log, I don't have any way of knowing what the problem was. If you still have the build log, post it here.

If cleaning up your entries resolved the problem, and your catalog now builds without errors (with the Kindle connected or not) then it sounds like you've resolved it.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 03-08-2010 at 04:59 AM.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:10 PM   #5
Ambermonk
Enthusiast

GRiker, Thanks for your reply. I no longer have the log record, and I seem to have resolved the problem.

If it happens again, I will start with posting the log record. Thanks for your help.
Advert