Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-07-2013, 02:05 AM   #1
fallenkitsune
fallenkitsune began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch - no ads and Kindle Fire 7in HD
Strange Kindle Touch issue

I have a kindle touch no special offers (i paid the $40 difference) that i jailbroke in october and i put the easy screensaver hack on it and then the font hack. Its been working fine except when i read an ebook i'll get 10 or 12 chapters in and it'll suddenly jump back to the beginning of the book without prompting. Could this be because of the hacks i used? Has anyone heard of this happening before and how can i fix it?
fallenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #2
mfabry
mfabry began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Does it happen on every ebook you read? Do you convert books yourself or buy from Amazon only? I have experienced some glitches (like sudden jump from book to main menu or paging problems), but in my case it was usually badly conveted book or minor flaw in touch sensors. Maybe you should remove both hacks and test each one separately. You can also search for solution in developer's corner.

Last edited by mfabry; 01-07-2013 at 08:20 AM.
mfabry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
This has been reported to also happen on stock devices without any modifications, so the hacks are not the culprit.

There's no known fix or workaround. But it seems to be happening randomly (but fortunately, rather seldomly). Happened to me once, then never again until now.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, this is a known (but rare) bug in the Touch. It happened to me perhaps two or three times in the year I was using it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote