Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-13-2008, 04:01 PM   #331
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Note to pshrynk: Hugo and Lefty have rolled themselves over to the Goose. They are in the cargo area, having stowed themselves in a what they think is a backpack. The parachute that was in the way has been removed, of course, but the silk is now highly statically charged due to Hugo doing the nasty with it, repeatedly, while the rest of the cast catches up with them.

Ok, just thought you should know.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:06 PM   #332
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
So, I'm picturing this massive quantity of silk fabric, staticly charged, unfurled, and filling the body of the aircraft. Meanwhile, in a corner of same aircraft, is a backpack filled with Lefty and Hugo. Have I got this more or less right? Gosh, all that fabric could be a safety hazard.....
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2008, 04:09 PM   #333
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I think that Hugo and Lefty have got into the parachute pack, mistaking it for a backpack. This could have bad consquences later ...
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:17 PM   #334
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah -- that's what I said. And they evicted the former occupant, the parachute. So it has unfurled and filled the REST of the aircraft with soft silk fabric. Good either for sleeping in, or suffocating in. Whichever way the storyline goes.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:59 PM   #335
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
:anticipationwithbucketsofpopcorn:
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2008, 05:13 PM   #336
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
: onedgeofseatwantingtoknowwhathappensnext:
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:29 PM   #337
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
"What was that?" said Harv.

"What? No tricks, now!" said Myatake.

"I thought I heard some snickering and a soft susserration. And i don't even know what susserration means."

"I heard nothing."

"Okay. So what do you want with the Goose?"

"I need something... delivered."

Vera was getting tired of all the blabbing. And the squid was getting a bit too friendly. She was definitely going to need a bath after all this. That is, if there was an after all this. Her heart trilled in fear.

"Don't do it, Harv!" she said, "I'm not worth it!"

"Baby, you're worth the world to me!" he answered.

"Oh, a dame is worth the world, but Man's Best Friend is only worth, probably, fifty bucks? Sheesh!"

"Shh!" said all three conscious humans, in unison.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:32 PM   #338
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Now I've got an ad for a GPS navigator at the bottom of the page.....
Old 11-13-2008, 06:11 PM   #339
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
The squid had an expression on its face that roughly read, "Hi! Sorry to be in this situation. The original script called for a gun, but someone in casting, whom we will not name, but the initals are Nekokami, sent me over instead. I'm leaving it to the writer to figure out how to get out of this one."*

*Squid are very emotive creatures, one just needs to be able to read them.
paaa hahahahahahaaa !!!!!

Quote:
"Mr Wallbanger. I am impressed that you defeated Fujimora. He is one of my best operatives. He was raised by squirrels, you know. Now, however, you will do as I say or it will be the ink for your girlfriend."
paaa hahahahahahaaa !!!!! x2

Quote:
"Oh, a dame is worth the world, but Man's Best Friend is only worth, probably, fifty bucks? Sheesh!"

"Shh!" said all three conscious humans, in unison.
three times !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Note to pshrynk: Hugo and Lefty have rolled themselves over to the Goose. They are in the cargo area, having stowed themselves in a what they think is a backpack. The parachute that was in the way has been removed, of course, but the silk is now highly statically charged due to Hugo doing the nasty with it, repeatedly, while the rest of the cast catches up with them.

Ok, just thought you should know.
:willnotbeabletosleepwonderingwhathappensnext:
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:23 PM   #340
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Don't look at me, I'm just staging characters. Not even I know what happens to Hugo and Lefty next. I suspect we'll find out as the plot (and maybe Hugo) unravels.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:35 PM   #341
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

hugo does seem to be constantly unraveling.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:47 PM   #342
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Harv looked at Myatake. "What do I need to do?" he asked.

"Simply fly to a location and pick up a package, then fly it back to Lake Gatun. After that, you will be freed."

"Sure."

"Well, maybe not, but you need to have hope."

Harv looked down at Vivaldi, who was busy licking his right paw, muttering, "Tastes like chicken. Always like chicken,"

Harv was fairly certain that he had a good chance of dying, even if he and Vera were the stars of this thread. But a plan would come along. It always did, somehow.

"Right. Let's get going, shall we?"

"Just know that I retain the squid, even though it is in my pocket."

Vera looked down. "That is just disturbing."

Trying to look nonchalant as is possible with an unconscious Japanese man over the shoulder of a model-handsome man, a talking dog muttering to himself about chicken, a ravishingly beautiful woman, and a man with a squid in his pants pocket, they made their way down the streets of Old Town. They could have competed in the Olympic Nonchalance Fifty Yard Saunter and placed at least Bronze.

Getting off the train, they walked up the trail to Harv's camp, where the Goose was moored. Dumping Fujimora's limp body in the cargo bay, Harv turned to the cockpit.

"I'm going to need a co-pilot," he said.

"Vivaldi-san can do it," said Myatake, whom Harv was beginning to think may not be an actual flower salesman.

"He's a dog! He doesn't have thumbs! No, it's got to be Vera."

"I know that the dog can co-pilot."

"Yeah? How?"

"I saw the trailer."

"Damn!"
Old 11-13-2008, 08:50 PM   #343
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
"I know that the dog can co-pilot."

"Yeah? How?"

"I saw the trailer."

"Damn!"
Inspired!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:59 PM   #344
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
They could have competed in the Olympic Nonchalance Fifty Yard Saunter and placed at least Bronze.
and, taking the gold medal for "imaginary Olympic events which should really exist," the Nonchalance Fifty Yard Saunter with 10 for technique and 10 for style !
Old 11-13-2008, 09:40 PM   #345
pshrynk

Harv sat in the pilot's seat and glowered at the instruments. "I had a plan!"

"We can still follow the plan, but this time with someone who knows how to fly in the co-pilot seat." Vivaldi was trying to be upbeat.

"Oh, yeah! Doing and inverted loop with Vera in the cargo bay without proper restraints would really do her a lot of good! Now we have to figure out a new way to get out of this. Any ideas?"

Vivaldi had been looking into the distance and moving his mouth, talking his way through something. "You mean other than dropping your best friend out of a fast moving airplane at a great height?"

"Um, yeah, sure."

"Make your own plans, pretty boy. Let's just do the check list."

"Um. We've done this a million times and we should just skip it?"

"Check."

"Right, let's go."

The starboard engine of the Goose turned over and fired. Seconds later, the port engine fired. Harv yelled back to the cargo bay to let loose the mooring lnes. They slowly slid out to the middle of Lake Gatun. The friends sat in embarrassment.

Finally, Vivaldi broke the silence. "Harv?"

"Yeah, Viv?"

"Why was that parachute opened up all over the cargo bay?"

"No idea. There were a couple of socks in the pack when I put it back."

"Weird."

"Yeah."

The plane picked up speed with a roar. It bounced over the waves briefly and was airborne.

"What did you do with them?"

"Huh?"

"The socks. What did you do with them?"

"Oh. I put them in the emergency case."

"With all the emergency flares?"

"Yeah. Myatake saw me do it and wired it shut. No chance to get at the flares, now."

"That would have been a good plan."

"Yeah."

Last edited by pshrynk; 11-14-2008 at 10:14 AM.

Tags
birth of the cool, farking and lower farking, hugo and lefty, liseuse, ongoing saga, saga, screaming mad adrian, the birth of the cool, the goose, unutterable silliness, vera