Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-20-2010, 11:44 PM   #1
jabz
jabz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Kindle App Ipad with Non Kindle ebooks

I am copying some non DRM .mobi ebooks to the Kindle app on my ipad. I have a jailbroken Ipad. I copy the .mobi files to the
User/Applications/776C7BAC-B176-4515-B8C5-C456FD38226C/Documents/eBooks folder, it works fine however when I launch the Kindle app, all the books have the same thumbnail cover art. The books have the correct cover if I launch the book to read it in the Kindle app. How do I fix this?
jabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:02 AM   #2
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Why not convert the .mobi books to ePub using Calibre and load them into iBooks or Stanza? The Kindle app was not built with sideloaded books in mind, so while it may work it's unlikely to be a satisfactory experience.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2010, 04:37 AM   #3
dhiru
Connoisseur
dhiru began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, Irex iliad, sony prs950, kindle Dx, Ipad
Its a known issue with non drm mobi books in kindle app for iphone/ipad after version 1.0.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53689
dhiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #4
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
You don't need a jail broken iPad to convert non drm books to epub and they show up great in your iBooks app with the correct book covers. I have quite a few books loaded up that way. Just for giggles, I downloaded the latest Calibre today and then downloaded the Washington Post and Huffington Post. Yes they had the same generic covers but the content was certainly acceptable for reading on the iPad. Me like!!!

Last edited by MsAstoria; 08-02-2010 at 09:26 PM.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:44 AM   #5
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
See 'Sideloading MOBI files to Kindle for iPad' for an explanation of the problem and a solution.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert