Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-30-2014, 04:48 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
H2O has microUSB, not miniUSB

I know the early reviews said that the H2O has a miniUSB port, but mine came with a microUSB port and there is no problem using other microUSB cables with it.

Last edited by JSWolf; 11-30-2014 at 08:37 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 05:04 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
That early review by Nate was shown very early on to be incorrect.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2014, 05:10 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I was thinking that the design was changed from review units to production units. Thanks for the correction.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:44 PM   #4
ElWorm
Zealot
ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.

Device: Kobo H2O, Paperwhite 3, Oasis 2, Pocketbook HD, Glowlight Plus
I got mine a couple of weeks ago from the Kobo website, it has a micro usb port.

Last edited by ElWorm; 11-30-2014 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Added photo
ElWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 05:58 PM   #5
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Mine definitely has micro USB.
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #6
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
Mine has micro.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:08 PM   #7
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Any even kinda newish devices are all micro these days, including the H2O.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:21 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Any even kinda newish devices are all micro these days, including the H2O.
But the reason I posted this is that a pre-release review mentioned that it was microUSB and the cable connector was a bit pissy. I wanted to set the record straight for release units.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:34 PM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
And apparently you received a special device with a mini USB port. Everyone else is reporting that their Aura H2O has a micro USB port.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:36 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
And apparently you received a special device with a mini USB port. Everyone else is reporting that their Aura H2O has a micro USB port.
Yes, I got it backwards. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:33 PM   #11
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I know the early reviews said that the H2O has a miniUSB port, but mine came with a microUSB port and there is no problem using other microUSB cables with it.
Uh, no, I didn't say it was miniUSB:
http://the-digital-reader.com/2014/0...kobo-aura-h2o/

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Again, no. Just because it was an isolated incident doesn't mean it's wrong. It simply means I had the bad luck to get a finicky device.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 11:54 PM   #12
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Okay. The H2O doesn't have a non-standard USB connector after all? That makes the device more attractive. I'd heard that Nate doesn't like Kobo J/K, though I have heard it.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:30 AM   #13
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Okay. The H2O doesn't have a non-standard USB connector after all? That makes the device more attractive. I'd heard that Nate doesn't like Kobo J/K, though I have heard it.
It is a standard USB socket, but it is slightly recessed because a plastic door covers the micro USB slot. (You need something covering it, otherwise it wouldn't be water resistant.) This may obstruct some USB cables. That said, I have successfully used the USB cable shipped with the Aura H2O, the cable shipped with an Aura HD, and the cable that shipped with my cell phone.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:36 AM   #14
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But the reason I posted this is that a pre-release review mentioned that it was microUSB and the cable connector was a bit pissy. I wanted to set the record straight for release units.
I'm guessing the reviewer mistakenly said the wrong one. miniUSB's have pretty much gone the way of the dodo bird.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 04:27 AM   #15
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
. miniUSB's have pretty much gone the way of the dodo bird.
Yup, micro usb allows devices using it to be thinner, which appeals to mobile phone makers and consequentially to the general market. I was quite surprised when I noticed a mini usb port on my former Onyx Boox i62, though.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote