Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-29-2014, 02:45 PM   #1
RGarcia59
RGarcia59 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Firmware upgrade

I have a Kobo Glo. A few months ago Kobo Desktop upgraded the firmware to v3.1.0. I see that there is a thread about version is 3.11.0 but I cannot find this version thru Kobo Desktop, nor thru Wi-Fi, nor thru Calibre (using the KoboUtilities plug in). It looks like I already have the latest version of the firmaware. If I check the "earlier adopter" option in the KoboUtilities plugin then it finds a unknown version ready to download. Any ideas why I cannot find a more recent firmware?
RGarcia59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 03:19 PM   #2
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGarcia59 View Post
I have a Kobo Glo. A few months ago Kobo Desktop upgraded the firmware to v3.1.0. I see that there is a thread about version is 3.11.0 but I cannot find this version thru Kobo Desktop, nor thru Wi-Fi, nor thru Calibre (using the KoboUtilities plug in). It looks like I already have the latest version of the firmaware. If I check the "earlier adopter" option in the KoboUtilities plugin then it finds a unknown version ready to download. Any ideas why I cannot find a more recent firmware?
The cause is your affiliate. Most affiliates are now sending 3.11.0 to Glo devices. Rakuten is the only one I know of that still is sending 3.1.0.

You can change your affiliate by modifying .kobo\affiliate.conf. You have to use an editor with unix-style end of line markers.

Last edited by tshering; 11-29-2014 at 03:22 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2014, 06:06 PM   #3
RGarcia59
RGarcia59 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thank you so much. I changed my affiliate from Rakuten to Kobo and inmediately received the update to 3.11.00.
RGarcia59 is offline   Reply With Quote