Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-24-2014, 12:48 AM   #1
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2-64gb, Sony PRS-T1, KOBO mini
Kobo Aura sold out

Just when I decided I will go for the Kobo Aura and use my $40 discount, it is sold out now.
It says on sale until November 24th. Back to beginning, now what?
Pay double the price for a Kobo H20?

Last edited by bcgirl; 11-24-2014 at 12:54 AM.
bcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:14 AM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
There's one for sale in the MR deals forum.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2014, 07:28 AM   #3
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
Just when I decided I will go for the Kobo Aura and use my $40 discount, it is sold out now.
It says on sale until November 24th. Back to beginning, now what?
Pay double the price for a Kobo H20?
Well, how you spend your money is totally up to you. But...
What has really changed? Why did you made up your mind to even (re)consider a more expensive reader like H2O?

My interpretation of your post is: you chose to buy the Aura, and that is very likely the reader that suits your needs best. Performance, capabilities, price, etc.
You don't really needed a ultra-HD model like the H20 in the first place or didn't want to spend the money on it. Otherwise you would have bought H2O straight away.
If you want the H2O, then buy it. If you don't or are not really sure which reader to buy, then buy a not discounted Aura and save the difference.
Even the Aura is 'expensive' without a $40 discount coupon.

Note: I'm sure you like the 6.8" models and (some of) their specs are "better". My answer was not about specs but about the decision and reasons to purchase the Aura.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:44 AM   #4
CairnsRock
CairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo aura
Wait and see what happens online for Black Friday. Chapters, walmart, best buy, staples.
CairnsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 02:21 PM   #5
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
May have been a momentary glitch. I just looked and it shows as In Stock.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2014, 02:24 PM   #6
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
In Stock when I check as of 30 seconds ago...
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:37 PM   #7
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
May have been a momentary glitch. I just looked and it shows as In Stock.
That's right. I called Kobo Customer service and they were working on it. So it turns out I can still order it and get the discount. By the way, they were absolutely very helpful to me and said they were glad I called. They apologized for the technical problems.

Anak, I reconsidered the H20 since there came in so many positive comments to get the H20 instead. I was set on the Kobo Aura but if it was out of stock, maybe I could change my mind and get the more expensive one.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:50 AM   #8
46jimbo
Zealot
46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Touch + Kobo Aura
Staples in Canada is selling the Aura for $99 on Black Friday.
46jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:13 AM   #9
bcgirl
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46jimbo View Post
Staples in Canada is selling the Aura for $99 on Black Friday.
Really????!
Old 11-25-2014, 01:17 PM   #10
CairnsRock
CairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Also Best Buy Aura with cover $99. In Canada.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:10 PM   #11
46jimbo
Zealot
46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Touch + Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by CairnsRock View Post
Also Best Buy Aura with cover $99. In Canada.
Hmmm. I don't see this on their website. Where did you spot this?
46jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:08 PM   #12
CairnsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46jimbo View Post
Hmmm. I don't see this on their website. Where did you spot this?
They sent me a Black Friday flyer. I just rechecked it. Black Friday Advanced Preview Flyer effective nov 28. Kobo Aura $99.99 with free classic Aura cover. Page 17 of the flyer.

They also have the Kobo Arc for $109. No other models however.

I'm in Markham, Ontario. I checked their online flyers and they have not yet been updated. I'm on their mailing list, hence the preview.

Last edited by CairnsRock; 11-25-2014 at 06:38 PM.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:36 PM   #13
GVC2031
Enthusiast
GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Mini, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina
My wife bought a 'Classic' cover for her Aura. Had to exchange it because it is not a 'Sleep' cover.
GVC2031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:13 PM   #14
lupin23rd
lupin23rd began at the beginning.

Device: None yet
Are all these sales just the usual Black Friday deals, or is there an expectation that the Aura will be upgraded / replaced sometime in the near future? Like the form factor a little better than the H2O but figure it's past due for an update so I've held off for the moment.
lupin23rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:49 PM   #15
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Probably just the sales. Kobo usually announce and release their devices in March/April or September/October.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote