Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
BC4Jesus
BC4Jesus began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Using Kindle Software On Android DroidX2

I am getting ready to setup my Calibre software and am unsure exactly what I need to choose for the setup options. I am going to be reading my ebook on the Amazon Kindle Software for Android. The phone is a DroidX2. Do I want to tell the Calibre software that my device is "Android Smartphone" or "Kindle"? If I tell it an Android device, won't it just import my ebooks after conversion to a generic directory on my smartphone, instead of the Kindle directory? I hope this makes sense. Thanks for all of your help in advance!

Bob C.
BC4Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
There are two things to consider - the profile and the device. The only one you can set is the profile - and that should be set to Kindle. The device is auto-detected.

However note that Calbire will not be aware that you have the Kindle app on the Android device so if you want to use a specific folder the Android device driver will need its settings customised to tell it what folder to use.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
BC4Jesus
BC4Jesus began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Okay, thank you very much! Makes total sense to me.
BC4Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote