Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-23-2014, 06:16 PM   #1
muadib
muadib began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
Unable to sideload epub fw 3.8.0.

Hello to everybody!
After updating my kobo aura to the latest firmware (3.8.0), I cannot copy anymore my ebooks to the device using Calibre(also Calibre is the latest version) and the kobo touch extend plug.in
All the books I try to copy have a size of 0 (zero) Kb and on the device the books are displayed with a white cover and as author "unknown author"
With the previsious firmware and Calibre 2.0 I've never had such issue , I was able to copy my epub without problems, with automatic Kepub conversion and shelves generation.
I've also tryed to delete a previsious loaded epub (with fw 3.5) and then to re-load it , but also this doesen't work.
Anyone knows if there is a workaround or I have to factory reset and then do a manual upgrade to fw 3.5?
In case of factory reset it is possible to save the reading statistics?

Thank's

Fabio
muadib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:41 PM   #2
Mellobob
Connoisseur
Mellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
I've got a 2 week old Aura HD and it could not dl files from Calibre until I updated to version 2.2 of Calibre. Since then it's worked just fine. Are you sure you have 2.2 or better of Calibre?
Mellobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:17 AM   #3
muadib
muadib began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
If I put an external SD and copy a book on it , the book it's ok but if I put the same book in the internal memory the book shows white cover and I cannot read it.....
That's weird...
muadib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 08:36 AM   #4
miztiik
Enthusiast
miztiik began at the beginning.

Device: Yet to decide on one - My reason to join here
Quote:
Originally Posted by muadib View Post
Hello to everybody!
After updating my kobo aura to the latest firmware (3.8.0), I cannot copy anymore my ebooks to the device using Calibre(also Calibre is the latest version) and the kobo touch extend plug.in
All the books I try to copy have a size of 0 (zero) Kb and on the device the books are displayed with a white cover and as author "unknown author"
With the previsious firmware and Calibre 2.0 I've never had such issue , I was able to copy my epub without problems, with automatic Kepub conversion and shelves generation.
I've also tryed to delete a previsious loaded epub (with fw 3.5) and then to re-load it , but also this doesen't work.
Anyone knows if there is a workaround or I have to factory reset and then do a manual upgrade to fw 3.5?
In case of factory reset it is possible to save the reading statistics?

Thank's

Fabio

Did you try anything that improved the situation?
miztiik is offline   Reply With Quote