Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-23-2014, 10:50 AM   #1
Aeliine
Aeliine began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Exclamation Battery Problem?

I have a problem with my Kobo Aura ... Everytime the battery runs out completely, it resets itself. Like a factory reset. I have to setup all over again, timezone, wifi password, its like taking it out of the box. I have to load all my books over again and my reading progress is lost as well. What is this about? Is this normal? Is this something I can fix - and if so, how?!?!?

:h elp:
Aeliine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 11:29 AM   #2
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
This should not happen. If it is within warranty I would return it to Kobo.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 12:47 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What happens if you just power the unit off as opposed to letting it sleep?

It almost sounds as if the settings / database are not being written to the internal storage of the device, and that whenever the unit is powered off settings are being lost.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:47 PM   #4
Aeliine
Aeliine began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Unfortunately, it is no longer under warranty

I've tried powering off rather than just letting it go to sleep. If the battery falls low enough to die - say I had 10% left, and ended up forgetting to charge it for a week or what not - then still, it will go to the "restoring" screen.

It doesn't matter if I've just powered on to realize its dead, or if I plug it in first - when the battery is able to turn it on, it's lost everything and I have to reload everything. It's getting really rather annoying.

Any ideas??
Aeliine is offline   Reply With Quote